Page 1 of 1

Torrent Swapper

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:27 pm
by p2p-sharing-rules
Torrent Swapper
The Social BitTorrent Peer to Peer Client

Torrent Swapper is an open sourced sociable peer to peer file-sharing client based on the Bittorrent protocol that is ideal for high-speed distribution of large files that has a basic understanding of human friendships, of user tastes in content, and of Internet connectivity between users. Torrent Swapper supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.

Features:

Torrent Swapper is an improved client for the Bittorrent peer-to-peer file distribution solution that is both resource friendly Yet Feature Filled. Some of Torrent Swapper features include;

* Amazon-like recommendations to get interesting files
* Doubling the download speed by using the upload capacity of friends
* Real-time P2P file sharing with P2P video streaming
* Showing the locations of seeders / leechers of the same content with city-level accuracy on a world map
* Multiple downloads in a single window
* Queueing system with priority
* Supporing pause, stop, resume, queue, remove operations
* Supporting global setting such as upload and download limiting
* Supporting local setting for each torrent as well
* And much more...

What platform does Torrent Swapper support?
Torrent Swapper was written in the cross platform language Python and is platform independent – meaning that it works on all Windows operating systems as well as Linux, Mac, etc.

Sourceforge download page links:
Swapper 1.0.exe
Architecture: i386
Type: .exe (32-bit Windows)
swapper.tar.gz
Architecture: Platform-Independent
Type: Source .gz

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:09 pm
by p2p-sharing-rules
I downloaded Torrent Swapper to try it out and AVG 7.1 Pro detected a trojan in it. :shock:

File name: SWAPPER.EXE
File Path: C:\PROGRAM FILES\SWAPPER\
Discovery: Trojan horse PSW.Generic2.EUH
Date of Detection:8/14/2006
File size: 64KB (65536 bytes)
Healable: No
Source: Backup
Status: Infected

I posted about it on their SourceForge forum page.I hope they get back to me soon.

* Edit *
I did A online virus scan using Panda ActiveScan & it didn't detect any viruses , malware or trojans , so hopefully it was a false positive result that AVG detected a trojan , problem is tho I have the trojan listed 4 times in my restore files and AVG can't delete them even after it ask me to restart my PC so AVG can delete the trojan from my restore files.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:06 pm
by p2p-sharing-rules
I figured out why AVG 7.1 Pro detected a trojan, I had AVG Resident shield >additional options >Scan Potentially Unwanted Programs on (check marked).I turned that off tried installing Torrent Swapper again & AVG didn't detect a trojan in swapper.exe when I started it.