Page 1 of 1

Bear Share Blows!

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:21 am
by Layzie Bone
Serisously it sucks. My sister was telling all about how great it was, and not only could I not connect to their network the computer got so screwed up from spyware and adware I had to reinstall windows because it got so bad that windows would not respond at all even after rebooting it.

I suggest that if you have it, delete it, or otherwise have a scanner going about every hour, no wait that might be too long, every minute.

Besides it's one of those "you have to pay" jokes, kind of like those "fix winmx" scams.

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:08 am
by nesman
I tried that before I tried winmx, and when I got into a chat room and saw the options for chat sounds, I uninstalled it promptly.

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:29 pm
by Layzie Bone
I tried WinMX first and stuck with it, I mean I tried Kazaa and a few other things. I didn't get a computer and internet untill 2002, so if you compare what I knew about computers from 2001 to now, it's quite a mountian of knowledge.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:41 am
by nesman
I'm in a similar place. If it hadn't been for help rooms on WinMX, I don't think I'd have ever gone into techsupport.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:24 am
by Layzie Bone
you're a tech support person eh?

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:11 pm
by nesman
After I got my degree in programming, I decided I didn't really like progamming that much anymore. Techsupport and computer repair, on the other hand, aren't nearly as tedious. Lately I've been taking my pay from a webhosting company, working the phones on the midnight shift. The hours suck, but I'm not busting my butt anymore, so it's kind of a fair tradeoff.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:38 pm
by Layzie Bone
Depending on what this place pays, I might look into getting a job with computer connection. Computer Connection is a small computer repair/retailer. They're actually quite nice. Although I pefer having a degree before I attack them, I don't know exactly how much they pay, but I'd say they ought to pay decent for the area. I might try to do a work-study, or internship, i forget what it is, they require it for your major. But I dont know what exactly I'm going to do. If I go next semester, I'll get a good idea if I want to stay in CIS or even at this college. If the CIS doesn't work out I might go off to a community college and get a degree in Web Design and PC Repair and see about what I can get around where I live. I can't say for sure, whether I'll be able to get a job in the area. You really got to know the people and they have to already like you, in other words, establish a relationship with the workers, because they can push the owner to hiring you.

But that's all high hopes. If this CIS turns out to what I want then who knows. I wont know until next semester and thats if I go next semester. Still havent made up my mind, I'm out of money, and nearly out of patience with eveything.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:25 pm
by nesman
A connection never hurts. What they say about "who you know" and not "what you know" really applies in a lot of cases.

I was honestly surprised to find a webhosting company when we moved here in bfe. A few of the other places I looked were the local school district, both for IT and substitute teaching (turns out that you don't really need much of a degree to be a sub), local computer repair shops (big and small), and even the walmart distrobution center when options ran low in town. My next step was to check for jobs in Nashville. It's an hour away, but sometimes you have to make the drive.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:28 pm
by Layzie Bone
You live east or west of Nashville? Not that there's anything great in Nashville, Dollywood sucks balls, it was expensive as hell, this was like 7 or 8 years ago. It cost like $4 to park, another $4 to take the tran to the enterance, and $35 per person to enter.

***** King's Island in Ohio was better.


Anyway I was asking because I'm not too terribly far from Nashville, it's still I pretty long drive, but probably about 200-250 miles East or so. I'm in NC.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:53 am
by tunebud
nesman wrote:A connection never hurts. What they say about "who you know" and not "what you know" really applies in a lot of cases.

I was honestly surprised to find a webhosting company when we moved here in bfe. A few of the other places I looked were the local school district, both for IT and substitute teaching (turns out that you don't really need much of a degree to be a sub), local computer repair shops (big and small), and even the walmart distrobution center when options ran low in town. My next step was to check for jobs in Nashville. It's an hour away, but sometimes you have to make the drive.



gggeezzz
wally world :pukel: You won't get much if any work hardware wise from them unless you were maybe in AK.. But I bet I know someone with a few connections for contacts as far as tel-data and cabling :wink:. BTW
NC., TN., & KY. are within a few 100 miles I have traveled the roads between them way to many times.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:30 pm
by Rat
wanabe wrote:King's Island in Ohio was better.
Damn. Even I've been there.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:32 pm
by nesman
We're an hour or so west of Nashville. We've never done anything touristy there. Only been there once or twice, really.

We're likely going to the Mall of America in a few weeks. We're going to be in MN anyway, so we might as well see it.