Page 1 of 1

WINMX TIMEOUT

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:20 pm
by franklain
I HAVING PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING FROM WNMX IT WAS WORKING FINE THEN IT STARTED TIMING OUT IT SHOWS THE SONGS I ALREADY HAVE IN MY LIBRARY BUT IT DOESN'T LET ME DL IT NEVER CONNECTS TO THE SONG IT IT TIMES OUT

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm
by Freezmizer
We need some info to help you...
Such as: are you using a router? firewall? Operating system, any changes lately, etc. :wink:

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:28 am
by me here
Might be helpful also to know what type of connection you have.. 56k, cable?
What version of WinMX are you using?
And are you on a primary or secondary connection to WinMX?
Hey Freez great to see ya.. hehe :wink:

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:36 am
by Jabaz07
I'm also having the same problem.. People can upload from me, but I can't download anything.. I just get "Waiting for network reply" Then times out... Everyting worked fine up until the last few days..
I'm running a p4 2.4 gig pc with a cable connection.. WinXp, and using zone alarm as my firewall... The XP firewall is disabled...

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:43 am
by battye
Have you installed any new software in the last few days?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:30 am
by Jabaz07
no... Nada... Was wondering if the Winmx network was having a problem??

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:10 am
by battye
The WinMX Network should be ok (besides the fakes of course), what songs are you getting the timeouts on? Are they from the artists found in this list: http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1742 ?