Winmx

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Post Reply
jollyjayuk
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:20 pm

I need help i have a file access (5) error in my downloads can anyone help?
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:12 am

Hi Jolly Jay, Welcome to the forum. I had to look that one up in the archives, as its one I havent heard of before :)
I had a search around and the cause of this error seems to be that WinMx crashed before marking the end of the files correctly
You will need to take the following action, all files that had active downloads will need to be trimmed by 100k
so you,ll need to do the "trim 10K " bit 10 times, this should enable you to continue downloading the files to completion.
Image
PoLiNi_46
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:43 pm

Alternative if trim10k doesn't work, u can use Topsplit or Trunk 2005 ;)
Thé §öµrçè ÇõÃ
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:12 am

Hi Polini Welcome to the forum :)
Nice to see one of the TSC folks here :D

I seem to not be able to locate a download source for Topsplit maybe you know of somewhere ?

Trunk is available here

http://www.addmusic.it/software/Trunk2005.zip

Right click on that link for the program.
Image
Post Reply