DSOstop2 [freeware]stops DSO Exploit

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

DSOstop2
The "DSO Exploit" (Data Source Object) was first reported by GreyMagic Software of Israel on February 27, 2002 and a "workaround" for Microsoft's defective code was provided by Axel Pettinger and Garland Hopkins on March 3, 2002. Their fix requires the user to manually edit the registry. Many computer users are extremely nervous (and justifiably so) about doing this, owing to years of warnings and advisories not to. This FREE utility will safely do it for those who do not feel confident running and editing "Regedit." Read the details for more information and links to the registry modification instructions and test site.

:arrow: Download & more info link
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, this is very useful :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
p2p-sharing-rules

No problem ,battye :D
Thanx :) also to the Spybot forum, that's where i found out about it,cos spybot detected it and i went to the forum for help to stop the DSO exploit.

They also have other freebies.
freebies
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

P2P could you post a small link in the virus section, to this thread as I,m sure its of great interest, to anyone who is suffering from this annoyance. :D
p2p-sharing-rules

Ok quicksilver,i added a link to it in virus alerts. :)