Forget WMP

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have heard a lot of talk about this media player and I finally gave it a shot. I had downloaded The Terminal and it would freeze halfway through the movie on WMP9 and Zoom Player. So I downloaded VLC Player and guess what? The movie played beautifully. Also, you do not need to download any codecs to use this program. Somehow it is built in. It will also play BIN files without doing anything special like mounting it to a virtual CD drive or ripping the movie out of the BIN. I highly recommend this media player.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Sounds like the sweetness to me. I'll be checking it out as soon as I find a video to try it on.
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I've been recommended VLC for ahile now to people in the help channel who are having problems with films. Its a hell of a lot easier than trying to explain codecs to them and that player will play anything...I even played a partially downloaded file from BT with it. Its a great media player, apart from being the ugliest one I have ever seen, but I I don't use it for viewing films all the way through anyway, just for previewing. :wink:
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

VLC player is a great Media Player, if you dont use it now then you really need to check it out. Plays incompletes, broken, and every other kind of video file you have.
The Monthly world, daily struggle!