ShareGuard 2.1.0

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

And the new version of ShareGuard is here after some days. (sorry for the delay).
ShareGuard 2.1.0 wrote:# Removed all the radio buttons for the different servers.
# Added "Commands to execute after joining a room" where you can add the command to disable colors, auto logins etc.
# Added %RAWNAME% so you can use #private %RAWNAME% #message to send results.
# Added option to send results as PM..
# MXSock.dll not required anymore
# Upgraded chatclient component to the one used in RoboMX 2.06.
# Added some basic flood protection so it is less likely the bot spams itself out of the room.
# Added Automatic Rescan in 2 hours after the join in room.
# Fixed some bugs.
# ShareGuard Update System removed since this version 2.1.0.
# Added a User Guide for ShareGuard.
# Added Toolbar with 256colors for controls ShareGuard.
# Status Bar comes back.

Download
ShareGuard 2.1.0 1.81 MB
ShareGuard 2.1.0 Sourcecode 800.22 Kb

EnJoY iT :D :wink: 8)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks great! :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Am I the only person having problems with this release?

The database no longer removes that user's files when they exit. It also continues to try and browse people who have already left the channel when rescanning. I have to exit the channel and rejoin again to fix that.

That aside I do like the new interface, it's much cleaner and more organized. But for now I'll use the previous version since it's less buggy.

Upgraded chatclient component to the one used in RoboMX 2.06.
Is there any reason why this was needed? The older version of RoboMX as the client worked perfectly fine. Also I suspect that's what's causing the problem with not removing parted users files and continuing to browse them if you refresh after they've left.
Added "Commands to execute after joining a room" where you can add the command to disable colors, auto logins etc.
This is a much better way of disabling colours ;)
Added some basic flood protection so it is less likely the bot spams itself out of the room.
Most chanels will have ShareGuard as an admin and most servers allow admins to flood, so for the most part all it does is slow the results display for most rooms. I think this would be better off as an option rather than being forced, so that the few rooms that would need it can use it, but others that don't won't get annoyed by it.
Added Automatic Rescan in 2 hours after the join in room.
In all honesty... I *hate* this. Most of the users in my channel stay there 24/7 so really I just see this as a waste of bandwidth. If this was an option and we could set how often the rescan took place that'd be a lot better :)

Aside from the one bug and those two (imo) annoyances it's a good release.

Though it would be nice to be able to use all variables in all the dialogs though. Being able to use %FILE% in the kick message would be great for #usercmd redirectto or /exile :D

And a say a 5 or 10 second delay between the bad file warning and the kick message would be nice so anyone getting kicked would actually be able to see why they were kicked :shock:

edit: evil typos
Bender979
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Is there any reason why this was needed? The older version of RoboMX as the client worked perfectly fine. Also I suspect that's what's causing the problem with not removing parted users files and continuing to browse them if you refresh after they've left.
Absolutly not. The chatclient part is much more lowlevel then the browsing stuff. The upgrade was necessary because of wrong implementations in the old chatclient causing problems with colored servers

The problem with files not being removed etc. in this version are caused by a new storage system (less ram/cpu required), which seems to be a little buggy in its first implementation. This will be easily fixed hopefully.
Most chanels will have ShareGuard as an admin and most servers allow admins to flood, so for the most part all it does is slow the results display for most rooms. I think this would be better off as an option rather than being forced, so that the few rooms that would need it can use it, but others that don't won't get annoyed by it.
Hopefully Xhen-XLogic will add a userface option for that. Simple excercise ;)

The rescan will be changed to optionally aswell.
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

I see all this problem in my room lol :evil: by the way i bilive the all problem is the auto rescan. soon in next version will be removed. i add this for more easy by the way is cost in the bandwith :cry: :cry: :cry: .

For the flood system will we see :D

PS.: my name is Zhen-Xlogic dont know why bender is post my name ass Xhen-XLogic :P :P :P
Bender979 wrote:Hopefully Xhen-XLogic will add a userface option for that. Simple excercise ;)
Maby miss my name :P :P :P 8)