Oukas Chat Server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hi all
could it be that there is a limited nr of ip's you can ban in startup.txt?
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

No there isn't. chatstartup will do whatever you tell it to do. There is however a limit to the number of bans. At the 101st ban the 1st ban will be scrolled off and the 2nd ban will move to first place, the 3rd to 2nd place and so on.

So if you have more than 100 bans in your chatstartup that may be what's going on.
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

well i'll tell you what happened:
a banned user managed to enter..that started my search
i noticed the ip was where it should be(startup)
could not find his ip in banlist(/listbans) nor in penalty list though

if it is just that i can't read it (cause of a scroll-off)..then how did he get in :?:
(still looks to me like the server doesn't see the ban eighter)

thnx in advance protoman or anyone else reacting :)
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Once an IP is scrolled off the penalty list they're no longer banned.
It's also possible the person had a dynamic IP and just rejoined afer changing it.

Just remember you can use asterisks to ban entire ranges if someone with a dynamic IP gets annoying.

/banip 172.*.*.* will ban 172.0.0.0 thru 172.255.255.255 for example.

Though if you're trying for a very long term ban a firewall would be more effective and more practical anyway. If they always use the same name you could also try using trader block to prevent them from joining with that name.
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thnx for the advice, so there IS a limmit..well that's a shame, i was hoping that i was wrong :cry:

i've been comparing a few servers and lately ouka seems to loose points for me :(
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Use whichever server you're the happiest with. ;)

I don't know if other servers have a limit on bans or not because I don't use them. I don't use OCS that much either really. WinMX isn't that interesting anymore for me. Though, in terms of practicality a firewall is a more practical and effective method for long term bannings, reguardless of the server you use.
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

well i'm quitting the ouka test for now, wanted to give you a last buggie:

if you type: 3 text text does not show up in the room

goodluck guys!!!!thnx for your help in the past
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

I am hosting on it right now just dont know if anyone will be able to get in, WCC_CRiCKET for anyone that wants to try and get in.
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
Joshua203
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

was unable to establish a connectionto your ip. [Kan geen verbinding maken omdat dedoelcomputer de verbinding actief heeft geweigerd.]

hope this helps u adi
James404
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

So...has anyone made a very well compiled help file or tutorial on Ouka yet? From all I have seen it is a great server. I just don't want to start using this and be confused as hell like last time I tried. So...until I can find a good deep help file that goes into great detail. I am sticking with WCS. :?
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Lottsa test versions the past 2 days but this one looks promising

http://ouka.dip.jp/ChatServerE_510f_2005_09_25_1800.zip

A new command let's you manually add the WPN cache server you want to use. For example:

#admincmd /winmxdns 205.238.40.1

Not sure if you can use more than one or not... it's late and I'm headed to bed.. you folks can figure it out :P
Love
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am using the latest version of ouka at : http://ouka.dip.jp/ChatServerE_510f_2005_09_25_1800.zip

After 14 hrs, my wpn connection went dead with 0/8 nodes and room is not listing ...

How do I refresh my connection?

Do I hit Disconnect WPN (D) and then hit Connect WPN (C) at Channel (C)? Will that close the room I am currently hosting?

About to but scared that I will drop my room (am presently hosting).

Pls help.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The WPN going offline can be explained by this: http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=2308

You may need to wait for Protoman regarding whether the room will drop though.

Thanks for joining, welcome to CricketMX :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Love
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I opened another Ouka room on my laptop and under IP 127.0.0.1
and I straightaway got 8/8 nodes connected.

When I place in my ip ... it went to 0/0 and not connected.

Why?

Anyway I am redirecting my present room from desktop to laptop... tks I do know of the winmx situation. I am screen name : Kayleigh in V44.

Would like to know what I am doing wrong? Tks for answering.
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

First things first, NO the room will stay open whether you're connected to the WPN or not. All the WPN is needed for for hosting is for displaying on the chnnel list. The only way the channel will close is if you exit server.exe

You can host hidden channels simply by not connecting to the WPN or disconnecting it to take it off the channel list ;)

You're running the hosts patch which is probably why using 127.0.0.1 works and your usual IP doesn't. You can manually add one with #admincmd winmxdns <IP addy>

#admincmd /winmxdns 205.238.40.1
#admincmd /winmxdns 82.195.155.5

One of those should work, though I'm not sure if you can use more than one at once, though I would assume so.

Your room's in my favorites so if the above doesn't work, or you have more questions, I'll be availible to help.