WCS - Chat server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

lol, i managed to sneak that update in without you noticing it for this long? wow :-P

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

http://www.kingmacro.net/forum/3052 wrote:well, I finally got around to setting up a windows system so I could work on WCS, so here's your next version that you've been waiting for!

nothing really useful, just a few small bug fixes for now

Fixed a bug with channel listings (how many more of those things do I have to fix?)
Fixed a small bug with using + or @ in the DefaultAccess
Added a "b" flag to the admin passwords so your bots can simply log in and have bot mode enabled (its the same as typing /bot)
Made a few small changes that might (but probably wont) help with the users dropping problem
Changed the message that comes up when you click exit :-P

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Nice to see your production line rolling again KM , I understand you have been rather busy of late working on the site that "doesnt exist" :lol:
Be nice when it "Opens doors " (what do folks call it when a new site is born ?) as a lot of folks are in need of it . :)
The b flag addition is most welcome it seems , I heard a few folks discussing it .
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

WCS 1.3 released (restart to update again)

Fixed config file reading bug
Had another go at fixing the user dropping bug
Added IP to user stats
Added a /message command for private messages (usage /message <username> <message>)
Added /Notice command ("n" access required)
Added the much demanded Text Replace - had to leave that to last :-P

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Well it seems KM cant leave the coding alone :lol:
A new release of WCS is here for you all (WCS version 1. 4), look on this page for "Winmx Chat Server"

http://www.kingmacro.net/software/winmx/
-Added Offline= option (set Offline=1 to enable offline mode... should disable the primary connections as well as auto update etc)
-Added Client ID to stats (aka "Rabbit 1.3" or whatever)
the output of the /colour command has been changed a little
-Added /color (which is just /colour for those that cant spell)
fixed a bug with it not liking lag much (ok, 1.3 hated any lag) or in theory its fixed anyway

Well done KM 8) , I am wondering what is going to be added next ?
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

an AI so it can write future versions itself :-D

Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

New WCS update this morning :)
WCS 1.5 Released...

updated replace to work on action text
Forcelogin changed to "f" access
* now gives all access levels (except obviously the @ and +)
Added a /exile command ("e" access required) - redirect single user
NameTrim= option added to change how much of the ID is removed for the names in chat
bandwidth control disabled for 3.31 - should help with nushi users entering normal rooms, but could prevent them entering if the room is too big (like 150+ users)
Also fixed a few potential security holes... as well as blocking certain things that WinMX 3.53 doesn't like
as usual it's at http://www.kingmacro.net/software/winmx/
p2p-sharing-rules

http://www.kingmacro.net/
WCS 1.7.4 has been released, just a couple of bug fixes,

+ Fix bug with banlist
+ Add extra cache hostnames (it now uses all 30 of the winmxgroup hostnames to locate caches)
+ Increased maximum size of MOTD (i'm not going to give an exact size before it messes up, but i did have a test MOTD that took 5 seconds to load...)
+ A few modifications to increase performance

As usual, restart WCS and it'll auto-update to 1.7.4
p2p-sharing-rules

WCS 1.8b1 is availiable for testing,

If you are just looking to get WCS for your room then DO NOT GET THIS, go to the WinMX Section and download the latest WCS Version from there as this is a BETA VERSION and I can almost guarantee bugs!

Right now that I only have you beta testers here to check for bugs, changes to this version:

+ changed format of /who (apparently it is now bot friendly whatever that means...)
+ fixed a bug where it would drop everyone from the room as the system hits 49.7 days of uptime (oops)
+ changed version numbering system to include OS in the version number ;-)
+ removed update check, this will no longer auto update, meaning keep checking here for updates to the beta - I'm not sure if i will put the update check back in once it is stable or just leave it out, we'll see...
A new WCS beta version for testing that also works with Linux distros.
(Tested to be binary compatible with Fedore Core 3 and Debian Sarge, and a few others - should therefore be compatible with most Linux distros... will bother with other distros when it's final)
p2p-sharing-rules

From KM's Site.
WCS 1.8b2 is availiable for testing,

If you are just looking to get WCS for your room then DO NOT GET THIS, go to the WinMX Section and download the latest WCS Version from there as this is a BETA VERSION and I can almost guarantee bugs!

The only feedback I got from beta 1 was a small issue of random closing with the linux version, I have made a few changes - see if beta 2 is any better :-)

****UPDATE**** About 10 minutes after uploading b2 I was just reading something unrelated and I think I may have found the problem, so I quickly applied a fix and here is b3 for testing.
:cheers: KM!! :D
p2p-sharing-rules

WCS 1.8b4 is availiable for testing,

OK, here is beta 4, changes since beta 3?
+ a few more attempts at fixing that crashing bug (let's see shall we... lol)
+ added cacheless running (contains an internal cache, so instead of constantly checking with the caches every 10 primary connections it uses an internal cache) - still needs a cache to connect of course
+ added connection cycling - after a while it will disconnect primary connections (even if they are operational) just in case of unknown errors
+ added the date to the output in the win32 version, and added the time/date to the unix versions output
+ added licence agrement

*EDIT* oops, forgot to post the licence agrement... wait for b5 ;-)
You can download it @ Km'ssite.
p2p-sharing-rules

WCS 1.8b5 is finally availiable for testing,

Changes since b4:
+ Added license agreement (the one that i said i added in b4... oops)
+ Fixed crash bug (again... we'll see if it worked this time)
+ Changed duplicate name detection to use the name displayed in the room instead of the full name
+ A few small optimisations in the primary code
+ No doubt added some more bugs :-)
p2p-sharing-rules

WCS 1.8b6 is now avaliable, This appears to be running well and with luck may be the last beta before final... we'll see

Changes since b5:
+ fixed bug with system uptime stats
+ added an alias to use /<space><text> for opmsg (eg / hello is the same as /opmsg hello)
+ added Logging= option to log to file, see below
+ Fixed users dropping bug (is that every beta so far i've fixed that bug? well this time i think i actually have)

Logging=0 for no logging
Logging=1 to log to a single file
Logging=2 to log to a dated file (different log each day - with the date in the filename)
p2p-sharing-rules

What's new
I have released another beta of WCS 1.8, this one is b7 if i'm counting correctly.
+ Changed text format to take $NAME$ and $TEXT$ (the old %s %s still works though)
+ Added per-login text formats
+ Added optional login announcement
+ Added minimize to tray for win32 version

The text formats can now be in the form #c5#<#c1#$NAME$#c5#> #c1#$TEXT$
Old text formats with %s will still work as before, the use of $NAME$ and $TEXT$ instead of the %s and %s is mainly because thisgives extra flexibility for those who either want them in a different order, or may not want a name at all (which may be the case with per-user logins and per-login text formats)

To accommodate the per-login text format and the login announcements the Password= entry in the config file needs to have the added options put on it, you can leave these out and it will simply not use them (no text format on the login and it will use the old system of picking from the 10, no announcement and it won't announce it) - The username can be placed in the announcement using %s.

The format is now: Password=Access=Password=Format=Announcement

Example:
Password=*@=YourPassword=#c5#<#c1#$NAME%#c5#> #c1#$TEXT$=%s has logged in!
that would make a password of "YourPassword" with access *@ as before, but also when the user logs in would set their text format to "#c5#<#c1#$NAME$#c5#> #c1#$TEXT$", and announce "<Username> has logged in!" to the channel

I have just released b8, this fixes a bug in b7 with per-login text formats, and also adds an extra option to the config file.

Place RCMSCompat=1 in the config file to enable RCMS Compatibility mode.

When enabled it will take some commands in RCMS Format, basically this allows you to prefix a command with #admincmd or #usercmd, it is not meant to try and emulate RCMS commands but merely make it simpler for those used to using #usercmd /kick or whatever to use it. It also adds #adminmessage to work like /opmsg. Just as with RCMS you can place anything before the commands and it will be ignored.

RCMS Compatibility is disabled by default.
p2p-sharing-rules

Latest News

I have released another beta of WCS 1.8, this one is b7 if i'm counting correctly.
+ Changed text format to take $NAME$ and $TEXT$ (the old %s %s still works though)
+ Added per-login text formats
+ Added optional login announcement
+ Added minimize to tray for win32 version

The text formats can now be in the form #c5#<#c1#$NAME$#c5#> #c1#$TEXT$
Old text formats with %s will still work as before, the use of $NAME$ and $TEXT$ instead of the %s and %s is mainly because this gives extra flexibility for those who either want them in a different order, or may not want a name at all (which may be the case with per-user logins and per-login text formats)

To accommodate the per-login text format and the login announcements the Password= entry in the config file needs to have the added options put on it, you can leave these out and it will simply not use them (no text format on the login and it will use the old system of picking from the 10, no announcement and it won't announce it) - The username can be placed in the announcement using %s.

The format is now: Password=Access=Password=Format=Announcement

Example:
Password=*@=YourPassword=#c5#<#c1#$NAME%#c5#> #c1#$TEXT$=%s has logged in!
that would make a password of "YourPassword" with access *@ as before, but also when the user logs in would set their text format to "#c5#<#c1#$NAME$#c5#> #c1#$TEXT$", and announce "<Username> has logged in!" to the channel

Note: this is beta software if you want stability use the stable version in the WinMX section of the site, blah blah...

Update
I have just released b8, this fixes a bug in b7 with per-login text formats, and also adds an extra option to the config file.

Place RCMSCompat=1 in the config file to enable RCMS Compatibility mode.

When enabled it will take some commands in RCMS Format, basically this allows you to prefix a command with #admincmd or #usercmd, it is not meant to try and emulate RCMS commands but merely make it simpler for those used to using #usercmd /kick or whatever to use it. It also adds #adminmessage to work like /opmsg. Just as with RCMS you can place anything before the commands and it will be ignored.

RCMS Compatibility is disabled by default.
Note: b8 still has the version number listed as b7, I forgot to change it, nevermind...
You can download the latest version @ kingmacro.net.