[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

zagor256 wrote:Hi Battye.
Nice mod. Thank you.

It works all well. But i found something strange.
I create several quizes. Than I deleted all of them.
When I create new one (after I deleted last one), I dont see questions any more. Even if I edit quiz I can edit only title and not questions.
It happend on my live server and also on my localhost. I also reuploaded all files and purge cache.

Thanks
You are indeed correct. I also reproduced this:

1. In QCP (not phpmyadmin) every quiz was deleted
2. New quiz submitted
3. Edit or Play new quiz reveals no questions
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks quahappy, I'm testing it here now to see what is going on in the database.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hey battye, hope you had a good weekend

In reply to my earlier post you suggested i wait for b4 - was that a typo, and you really meant b3?

Given that I'll need to extend this to covers some of the functions we discussed for predictions, evaluation of results etc, am I best waiting for the final release? Do you have an ETA for that yet?

And finally, for these modifications that I'll need to do, where is the best place to discuss them? In this thread? A separate thread? Email?

Thanks!

Ben
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi subvertbeats, yes it was a typo I meant Beta 3. Sorry about that!

I see no reason to wait for the final release, the changes shouldn't be too big so the functions you require should continue to work. I think probably a separate thread is the best idea if that is okay :)

Thanks

quahappy and zagor, I've looked in the database and I can see that the quiz id in the questions table is not corresponding to the quzi id in the main quiz table. I'll be looking at this shortly, stay tuned for more details :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

battye wrote:Hi subvertbeats, yes it was a typo I meant Beta 3. Sorry about that!

I see no reason to wait for the final release, the changes shouldn't be too big so the functions you require should continue to work. I think probably a separate thread is the best idea if that is okay :)

Thanks
No problem, and thank you!

Ill create the new thread now....
xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

hello Battye and thank you for the solution given above :wink:

I have another question, the icon that appears next to the little quiz and comment (played)
must always be visible or only for the quiz which was not seen by the member?

because I see the icon same quizzes on that I was not playing
but does not appear that I create unless I play

ps: hope to have succeeded in making me understand because the google translator is not always perfect
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hi battye....think I may have found a bug, though not sure where its occuring.

If you try and enter a quiz twice, you are prevented from doing so (as per setting in the CP).
It seems though, that you can actually submit your answers twice.
You can only do this by entering the quiz, then using the browser back button, and resubmitting the form.
After resubmitting you do get a message that you are only allowed to play the quiz once.

However, the statistics page shows:

- 2 entries for my username in the 'Best Results' table
- Twice the actual number of corrent and incorrect answers in the 'Most Correct Results' table
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

xpmen wrote:hello Battye and thank you for the solution given above :wink:

I have another question, the icon that appears next to the little quiz and comment (played)
must always be visible or only for the quiz which was not seen by the member?

because I see the icon same quizzes on that I was not playing
but does not appear that I create unless I play

ps: hope to have succeeded in making me understand because the google translator is not always perfect
I think I understand your question. The new quiz icon appears for new quizzes that have been submitted since you last logged in. :)

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

subvertbeats wrote:Hi battye....think I may have found a bug, though not sure where its occuring.

If you try and enter a quiz twice, you are prevented from doing so (as per setting in the CP).
It seems though, that you can actually submit your answers twice.
You can only do this by entering the quiz, then using the browser back button, and resubmitting the form.
After resubmitting you do get a message that you are only allowed to play the quiz once.

However, the statistics page shows:

- 2 entries for my username in the 'Best Results' table
- Twice the actual number of corrent and incorrect answers in the 'Most Correct Results' table
Hi,

I tried several attempts and different methods to reproduce this and my statistics still showed correct values. Strangely though, clicking browser back in Firefox after submitting a played quiz showed the quiz play form again but on submitting a second time, I correctly received the can only play once message. In IE8, I got the aforementioned message and not the quiz play form. Neither affected statistics.

I will try more combinations later and give my findings. ;)
If you don't ask...
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

quahappy wrote: I tried several attempts and different methods to reproduce this and my statistics still showed correct values. Strangely though, clicking browser back in Firefox after submitting a played quiz showed the quiz play form again but on submitting a second time, I correctly received the can only play once message. In IE8, I got the aforementioned message and not the quiz play form. Neither affected statistics.

I will try more combinations later and give my findings. ;)
Hmmmm interesting.
Im using Chrome...

Submitted quiz
Back on browser shows quiz entry page again
submit again
Get can only play once message
Statistics fooled

Let me know if you need anything from me ref this.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the ACP, what is your "User can only play quiz once?" setting on, "Yes" or "No"?

subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

battye wrote:In the ACP, what is your "User can only play quiz once?" setting on, "Yes" or "No"?
Its been set to yes since I first set up the mod.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

subvertbeats wrote:Hmmmm interesting.
Im using Chrome...

Submitted quiz
Back on browser shows quiz entry page again
submit again
Get can only play once message
Statistics fooled

Let me know if you need anything from me ref this.
I've installed Chrome - quite impressed with speed but I'll stick with Firefox because I have multitude of well-needed add-ons ;).

No matter what I do, statistics still show correctly. Not sure what else I can try. Sorry about this and hope someone else can reproduce this. :)
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

quahappy, I am sure we went through this with a fine tooth comb a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly :?

subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

battye wrote:quahappy, I am sure we went through this with a fine tooth comb a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly :?
hey battye.

let me know if I can send you anything or run any diagnostic over here to help with this.

Host is still down so Im unable to even try and reproduce here at the moment, but of course happy to help in anyway.
Last edited by subvertbeats on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.