[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I thought it was utf8_normalize_nfc() - that was what I was using in the ACP, yet it still doesn't work. I'm not sure why but I am investigating it.

With the links, the code is no problem it is only the image that goes next to it. At the moment I have no image :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

maybe that it Battye ?
Attachments
icon_quiz.gif
icon_quiz.gif (917 Bytes) Viewed 6045 times
Last edited by xpmen on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

xpmen wrote:maybe that it Battye ?
Yeah, something like that with a thicker border around it - about as thick as Image is exactly what I am looking for.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Just an idea : In order to notify new quiz to members, would it be possible for new quiz to be posted in a specific forum ? I mean only the name of the new quiz. I suppose it's a hard work to do... :)
xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

the problem of accents in ACP was resolved :)

This is not me who find but my friend sjpphpbb :)

replace your file:

includes/acp/acp_quiz.php
acp_quiz.rar
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
We are still looking for the same problem in quiz.php :?

:arrow:
joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Merci xpmen [-o<
xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

We must review the system of play, sometimes (but not always), I can play more in the same quiz: roll:

For example, if I responded to the questionnaire, then I go back a page back, I can play indefinitely.

should be invisible quizzes already answered by the member, and leave only those unanswered

or leave the link not active

there is still much work Battye, I will try to help with the little knowledge I have

excuse my very bad English, I use google translator
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

xpmen wrote:We must review the system of play, sometimes (but not always), I can play more in the same quiz: roll:

For example, if I responded to the questionnaire, then I go back a page back, I can play indefinitely.

should be invisible quizzes already answered by the member, and leave only those unanswered

or leave the link not active

there is still much work Battye, I will try to help with the little knowledge I have

excuse my very bad English, I use google translator
I know, I have already added a "quiz play once" for the next beta. I've also added points functions. You can see the points option in this screenshot, the quiz play once option is a few above that.

I know there is still much work.
Attachments
Picture 8.png

xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

the problem of accents quiz.php is also set a thank you mtrs =D>

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

With regards to the PHP Notices some people are getting, as an interim measure (something that will fix it until I release the repaired script)

OPEN quiz.php

FIND

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/quiz_stats_class.' . $phpEx);
AFTER ADD

Code: Select all

error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE);
If you aren't getting any errors don't worry about this, it's only for people who have a PHP setup that reports certain types of errors. It's not a serious problem, it just means there are a few bits of code where I haven't initialised some variables properly.

xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

This is another icon
Attachments
Sans titre-3.png
Sans titre-3.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I found another bug

If sending a quiz without selecting a category, He adds that many in the db !
joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

xpmen wrote:I found another bug

If sending a quiz without selecting a category, He adds that many in the db !
joebart wrote:And 3 bugs :
1/ One of my members managed to post a quiz outside a category. So nobody can go into the quiz.
2/ One of my members managed to make a question with 4 answers but she has not selected the good reply. Se was able to submit the quiz.
3/ We are 4 to have been able to play three time the same quiz...
:)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

xpmen, that icon should be okay. It is fine for here at CMX, but for all prosilver forums it might need to be blue or grey. :)

I've added UTF8 support (sorry for the delays in that) and it is ready for the next beta. You can test it at http://forums.cricketmx.com/quiz.php - should be working fully. I even tested with accents myself :)

Here are the changes for beta 2 so far. Thanks to quahappy for finding the bugs :)

- BUG: division by zero in quiz_stats_class is fixed
- BUG: time limits feature refined
- BUG: acp will not accept strange min/max combinations
- BUG: being able to post outside of a category has been fixed
- FEATURE: delete categories
- FEATURE: cash/points function available with options of points per correct answer and points deducted per incorrect answer (admin option)
- FEATURE: users can only play a quiz once (admin option)
- FEATURE: the word "saved" appears next to all quizzes that have been saved for play at a later date
- NEW: UTF-8 support

joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Can we download beta 2 ? Thanks for you work Battye :)