Alienware to Offer Video Goodness

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am not a huge fan of Alienware computers and if you ever worked on one you would understand my opinion. But they are about to offer some incredible advancements in graphics technology. They are trying to patent a system running multiple video cards in parallel which is a huge plus to extreme gaming, graphic designers and anyone else that use graphics beyond playing Pac Man. Here is the press release:

[quote="Alienware"]Alienware Announces Video Arrayâ„¢ and X2â„¢: An Exclusive Advancement in PC Graphics Technology

High-Performance PC Manufacturer promises significant performance improvements in gaming and graphics intensive applications.

MIAMI, FL May 12, 2004 - Alienware, the leading manufacturer of high-performance desktop computers, notebooks, and professional systems unveiled today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Video Array and X2 -- an exclusive, patent pending technology designed to significantly enhance the performance of graphics intensive applications including extreme gaming, professional design and engineering, real-time rendering and animation, and flight training and simulation modules.

Video Array is an accelerated graphics processing subsystem that will allow users to add multiple, off-the-shelf video cards to their Alienware computer systems and have both cards process graphic commands in parallel. Understanding the wide-ranging wants and needs of its customers, Alienware designed its solution so that it is not tied to any one specific video card. This design will allow users to take full advantage of the fastest video card on the market for a significant performance increase.

Alienwares exclusive Video Array combined with X2, an Alienware designed motherboard which is currently based on Intel Corporations next-generation chipset and will include dual PCI-Express high performance graphics card slots, will deliver significant performance gains over current graphic solutions. The new Video Array Technology and X2 motherboard will enable users to run graphics intensive applications flawlessly at maximized settings, render 3D visuals in record time, and much more.

“Innovation has always been one of our guiding principles,â€Â
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

More news from Alienware. They just released their ALX system and all I have to say is HOLY CRAP!!!!! It is expensive but impressive. Check it out here and customize your own ALX system today for the small price of yur first born child.

http://www.alienware.com/ALX_pages/main_alx.aspx
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

looks and sounds nice, 2 and a half thousand in my money, not 2 bad i guess, maybe in a few months when it drops ill consider it
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alienware has done it again. They announced yesterday that PCI Express is now available on their computers, Dual Channel DDR2, and some new Intel extreme audio. You can read about it here. Seems that Alienware is the road to take if you want to buy a customizable high performance puter for the price of your weight in Gold.
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

well doing regular like internet site implementation and stuff is bad on an alienware, my friend has one and tells me that a lot, but they are the ***** for gaming!
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen