slow load time

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

All webpages are loading hell slow! I looked at NetLimiter and it said it was loadin at 1KB :shock: And it isn't limited :?

Any ideas what could cause this?
Using XP Home, thanks :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you uploading anything or downloading anything? Also one thing to consider is your unlimited bandwidth is dependent on how busy the ISP is correct?
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

my net is fast yet after a day or sometimes less it goes real slow, i know i have the room and that dont help but even when i dont it can be slow, sometime you need 2 shut down ya comp and turn of ya modem for a while and let it refrsh it does help!

i have a file on how 2 uncap cable modems and its really easy to do im just a little worried as 2 whether i can get busted for it??
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's gone up to 4kb/s and they are loading faster now. The pictures take about 2 seconds which isn't bad but I thought with Cable I should expect 10 or 20kb for a page? :?

Thanks for the tip Boozy, when I reboot I'll let ya know :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

when i 1st had my cable pages was opening real fast and pics was opening instant, now there not so good,

a good way to test you speed it goto http://www.download.com and DL a game demo or somet from them and it gives you a accurate reading of speed
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try dumping your internet cache and temp files as well.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's only these forums, all other sites are fine :?
I'll delete my cache, if that don't fix it I'll speed test a game :wink:

Thanks guys