Nushi Chat Lives! (sorta...)

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Nushi Chat, the practically forgotten chat client, has been updated :D

Version 2.8 is an update of ver. 1.8
It now has a channel list which is downloaded from Nushi's web chat channel list via the ListClient plugin.

Okay so it's not spectacular. But I've been using Nushi Chat 1.8 for ages. It's simple, functional, and expandable with plugins. Now that it's been given the interface that the List Client plugin uses you can now get a channel list.

Like all versions prior to 2.0 it does not connect to the WPN, which means no browsing, PMs, or WhoIs.

I havn't translated it because, Nushi Chat has always had the same layout so it should be familiar to anyone using it. For those that aren't familiar it's simle enough you wouldn't need to be able to read it anyways. If I get bored tonight I'll translate it to give me something to do.
Attachments
NKura280.zip
Nushi Chat Client v2.8
(427.57 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the news Protoman :D
This will be extremely useful
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Here's my semi-translated copy of it for people if they wish to use it. I love this program :arrow: 8)
Attachments
NKura280.zip
English and Japanese Files
(967.77 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
<Insert Abuse Here. . . >
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Here's mine.. it's fully translated. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

I left the tooltips untranslated because it's not really nesecary. Hopefully everyone can figure out what the icons mean without them

I also removed the 000_00000 that's tacked on to every username so you can choose your own user numbers. Just don't forget about them as most rooms won't let you in without them ;)

I translated and threw in Soccer's Chat Bar plugin for those desktop real estate obsessed.

Commands for it are:
#chatbar open - re-opens the chatbar window if you closed it
#chatbar disable - this will make it stop monitoring that channel
#chatbar enable - this will make it start monitoring that channel again (all channels are enabled by default)
Attachments
Nushi Chat 2.8 English.zip
Nushi Chat 2.8 English
(450.32 KiB) Downloaded 268 times