3rd Party winmodem Drivers

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

I know they exist, but do they exist for this modem, at any cost, even if it puts the modem itself at risk (hell it's only like 20 bux). I'm running Mandrake Linux 9.0 and I need a driver for a Broadextent 56k Faxmodem w/ voice. It's a wal*mart thing, so I dont know if they'll be anything for it or not.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I searched for about 30 minutes on this Modem. Creative Labs has a hand in it. You might be able to use a generic Linux Modem driver. Several people have bought this thing cheap and cannot get it to work. Most of the solutions offered were dead ends. I would suggest returning it and finding a Linux compatible modem. I'll keep looking but I think it is a lost cause.
Layzie Bone

When I had a US Robotics Modem suposedly they were going to either make a Linux Driver or something, then the modem crapped out. The original modem I had was made by Gateway, it really was a good modem, pretty good speeds and it stayed connected.

I think, already, by what you said, taking it that you know more about this than I do (chances are you do) that it is a lost cause. I might in time look for one that it compatible and just stick it in an extra slot. Would be nice though, if there was and if it worked well, might be able to rid of this 600 MB virus on my computer.