[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Jake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks so much - I appreciate the help.

The option was always set to No, although I changed it and changed it back when trying to sort this user's issue out.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Jake wrote:Thanks so much - I appreciate the help.
No worries. UQM RC1 is planned next so it's important to ensure there are no more possible bugs lurking. ;)
Jake wrote:The option was always set to No, although I changed it and changed it back when trying to sort this user's issue out.
ok. I've played a few quizzes at my test site with the ACP UQM setting set to NO and no problem. While playing one quiz, I deliberately hit F5 (refresh browser page) and sure enough, received the "cheating" message. I attempted to replay the same quiz and received the same message again. This is functioning correctly. I could still play other quizzes I didn't attempt to quit.

Is your user receiving the "You are seeing this error because one of several events might have occurred:" message for quizzes that he/she has not played at all?

Also, if the time runs out while playing a quiz, the user won't be able to replay same quiz; the above message will show.

btw, welcome to CMX! Why not introduce yourself in the Introductory forum? :)
If you don't ask...
Jake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks for the help - there are only two quizzes created so far - and sounds like she did the same thing for both - opened them at work to have a look, then navigated away, and hasn't been able to re-open either of them again.

I don't have any time limit set for the quizzes - I think it's just that she navigated away without saving.

So is there any way of allowing her to re-open those quizzes?

One other observation - not really an "issue" - about the layout. Most of the questions are multiple choice with four possible answers. The quiz displays them without any kind of space between the answers of one question to the next. I've had a few comments about it being a litte hard to tell where the answers for one question ends and the next one begins. Is there a way of creating space between each question's set of answers?

Overall, though - people are really enthusiastic about the quiz mod.

And I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'll mention it - in future versions, an option to include questions or answers with pictures or even videos or sounds would be really welcome - although I understand that might be a big ask.

Thanks again for the great mod and the quick support - and for the welcome! I'll introduce myself now!
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Jake,

You can include multimedia now by using bbCode. :)

Regarding the question about the cheating attempt, as quahappy said there are a few reasons this happens and navigating away from the page without submitting is one of them. For UQM RC1 removing the "cheating attempt" is actually one of my top priorities because I'm not really satisfied with the way it works at the moment.

In the meantime, just tell your users not to view quizzes without saving (the program thinks this is because a user is trying to Google the answers) - there is something you can edit in the database though if you want to restore the quizzes for that user. Would you like me to explain how to do this? Do you have phpMyAdmin?

Cheers
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Jake wrote:One other observation - not really an "issue" - about the layout. Most of the questions are multiple choice with four possible answers. The quiz displays them without any kind of space between the answers of one question to the next. I've had a few comments about it being a litte hard to tell where the answers for one question ends and the next one begins. Is there a way of creating space between each question's set of answers?
Try this, assuming you are using default Prosilver style:

EDIT quiz_play_body.html and FIND:

Code: Select all

<dt>{play_row.QUESTION}</dt>
		<dd>{play_row.ANSWER}</dd>
	</dl>
AFTER, ADD:

Code: Select all

<h2 class="solo"></h2>
This will add a line in between each set of question and possible answers. If you can't see any changes, refresh template in ACP > Styles.
If you don't ask...
lasmo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

The Quiz Mod is great.

Is it possible that the quiz not show all Questions at the same time?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi lasmo, unfortunately not. It was like that in the very first version of UQM (for phpBB2) but there were a lot of problems with having it that way - such as what to do if a user quits half way through a quiz, especially if there are time limits or other settings which allow a user to only play a quiz once. That is why it is all on the same page now :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
pcmander
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

when i complete a quiz as a user, it shows this:
This quiz was neither saved nor submitted

I then go to quiz.php to try again and when i click on my quiz it shows the cheating alert.
In statistics the views is 0 and i cannot play anything.

I see this questions in this topic, but not the issues...hope you can help me.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

pcmander, are you using Beta 4?

pcmander
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Yes...downloaded from here:
http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... 378#p99378

If i save the quiz first, i can come back to finish the quiz...but when i submit, it shows:
This quiz was neither saved nor submitted

Sorry my bad english, but hope you understand ;)
joschka
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi,

where i can edit the Style for Quiz pages?
I use the milkyway template and have white font on white background........ :?
Thx
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

joschka wrote:Hi,

where i can edit the Style for Quiz pages?
I use the milkyway template and have white font on white background........ :?
Thx
Hi joschka and welcome to CMX, :D

Are you using default Prosilver UQM template files uploaded to your Milky Way templates folder? If so, could explain the white font.

Have you tried Subsilver2 UQM style here? Milky Way style uses Subsilver2 template (most of it). Upload my UQM template files to your Milky Way templates folder. Although I'm not 100% sure what the display will look like as I'm actually working on and have nearly finished the UQM Milky Way style templates. Believe it's just the Submit Quiz pages that I need to finish off (been that long since I last worked on these).

You're welcome to take a look at my testing site here to see what Milky Way UQM looks like so far. Login details - Username: test Password: testing (once you log in, click on "Ultimate Quiz Game" located below top logo ;)).

Hope that helps. :)
If you don't ask...
joschka
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

ok thanks at this time, yes i use your Subsilver2 template but in my use there not will work so fine.......

I will make it a competitive, how can i show total instead percent??

sorry for my bad enlish....... :oops:
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

joschka wrote:sorry for my bad enlish....... :oops:
No worries. What's your native language? Would it be easier for you to post in your language and I'll translate to English (Google translator)?
joschka wrote:ok thanks at this time, yes i use your Subsilver2 template but in my use there not will work so fine.......

I will make it a competitive, how can i show total instead percent??
If you wish, I could provide you the UQM Milky Way template files (from my test site) and you could let me know what pages need correcting? This would help me a great deal in finishing it all off. ;)

You want to show all results as numerics instead of percentage, yes? I can't help with this. Battye (UQM MOD developer) may be able to assist with this.
If you don't ask...
joschka
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

yes great idea, but i can use translator to :)
If you wish, I could provide you the UQM Milky Way template files (from my test site) and you could let me know what pages need correcting?

I would like to make it so :D
You want to show all results as numerics instead of percentage, yes?
right, someone has to win

Thx and greetings from germany