Forum updated to the latest version - a few bugs

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've updated the forum to the latest version (3.0.7-PL1), but unfortunately all didn't go smoothly. There were some problems updating the files, but fortunately nothing related to the database (so all posts are fine) :)

Thanks to my friend DavidIQ, who is the MOD Team Leader, for helping me search the site. We searched as many pages of the site as we could to make sure there were no problems.

We found a couple of minor things that need repairing, such as the {QUIZ} link at the top of the page and the dollars you make for posting in OT Forum. Fortunately these are quite minor and should be up and working again in the next few days.

There is also a new quick reply system, it's almost identical to the last one except that the button is about quarter of an inch higher. I hope to add the old one back, as I liked the way it was setup before... unless everyone really likes the new one?

In summary, if anyone finds any pages that don't work or any errors or particularly if any of the colours or layout of any pages look wrong, please let me know.

Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

This kinda answers my question elsewhere.
I like the other (old) quick reply.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll restore the old quick reply later this week, I need to set a bit of time aside for that and there are a few things at phpBB.com for the MOD Team which I need to finish first. :)

Thanks P2P for mentioning an error that popped up regarding the smilies:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Invalid use of group function [1111]
I've now fixed that, it was a known error in the software so a fix will be included in the next release of phpBB. Details at http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=54945
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
p2p-sharing-rules

You're welcome Battye. 8)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rat wrote:This kinda answers my question elsewhere.
I like the other (old) quick reply.
I have restored it so that the quick reply button is next to the post reply button. How is it now? :)

moongirl

Just a quick reply Battye...it's working well thank you :)
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Minor this: If you click on Quick Reply, enter your block of text, then select Preview... it doesn't preview your post at all - it takes you to full post a reply section. Then you can preview your post as normal. I think the first Preview option (after selecting QR) should really be called Full editor. :)
If you don't ask...
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

quahappy wrote:Minor this: If you click on Quick Reply, enter your block of text, then select Preview... it doesn't preview your post at all - it takes you to full post a reply section. Then you can preview your post as normal. I think the first Preview option (after selecting QR) should really be called Full editor. :)
I've noticed that too...and a couple of times, having found myself at the main editor and having clicked the submit button there, I've been told I'd made an "invalid" post. Hmm. I know that much of what I say is of limited value but.... invalid is a little harsh. :wink: Also, an even more minor thing....
If you hover the mouse pointer over the "Post Reply" button, you see the explanatory text "Post a reply", but if you hover over the "Quick Reply" button you get "{ QUICK_REPLY }" which just looks odd.... a bit php-ish.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks quahappy and Rat, I hadn't noticed that. Both should be pretty easy to fix, I will get to that on the weekend ;)

Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

battye wrote:I will get to that on the weekend ;)
Uhuh, which weekend? :lol:
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Every now and again, namely when I select "View your posts", I receive a General Error message warning of a duplicate key value. Next time it pops up, I'll copy and paste it here.
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rat wrote:
battye wrote:I will get to that on the weekend ;)
Uhuh, which weekend? :lol:
I've been really slow to do this :(
As it turns out - it was a Tuesday night (today)... and now the preview/quick reply and the { QUICK_REPLY } language mistake is fixed and working :)

I've never seen that duplicate key value error quahappy, but if it ever comes up again please let me know. Thanks :)