[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm afraid not, I'm not really what to suggest for your situation.

It might be worth double checking quiz.php is fully updated to beta 4, like making sure this line is present:

Code: Select all

'U_SURVEYS_ON'				=> ($survey_question_answers_progress && $survey_results_on),
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Chiflines2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello, first sorry for my English.

I wanted to ask a question:

Would it be possible to make a Quiz in which questions out randomly?

Questions that were to take a database in which questions can go up indefinitely. Having the option to allow users to upload questions or just administrators.

Here they give you an example of a site that uses this system:

http://www.cinetrivia.com/main.php?sound=off

when you log out a game with 30 random questions, all questions come with 4 response options which only have to click on each question you have 30 finished second to respond and respond faster as you get more points, subtracting point for every second spent.

Once this game you have the option to play another with 30 other random questions and so on.

I do not know if I explained well.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm afraid not Chiflines2, the results page looks at the quiz_id and then looks at the question and compares the answers. If it had compared only the question_id's without looking at the quiz_id then creating a quiz of random questions would have been possible. But unfortunately at the moment this is not the case.

However, it would be quite easy to add a link so a user can play a random quiz (not random questions). Would you like me to tell you how you can do this?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Chiflines2
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:However, it would be quite easy to add a link so a user can play a random quiz (not random questions). Would you like me to tell you how you can do this?
For it is one more option, so it would not be bad to put a random test.

Thanks for your response and for the great work of this mod =D>

A greeting
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Hi battye,

Just a small misprint when it comes to passwords. This is when viewing as list of categories with description:

A password is required to access this category

Should be:

A password is required to play quizzes in this category

:)
If you don't ask...
cafeine
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hello and thank you for the quiz mod!.

a quick question...I seem to have a weird problem. when i complete a quiz as a user, it shows this: This quiz was neither saved nor submitted

I then go to quiz.php to try again and when i click on my quiz it shows the cheating alert.
In statistics the views is 0 and i cannot play anything.

what is wrong?

http://www.tetatet.gr/forum is the site if everyone wanna check it .

thx in advance.
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

What do you have set in the Quiz CP for 'Allow Saved Competitions' ?
cafeine
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hello and thanks for reply.

unfortunately neither options (yes / no) work. If i select yes it just shows the saved text next to quiz name.
When i then click the quiz name i get the cheater alert....
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

cafeine....Is this on a new quiz?

It should only show the cheating attempt if youve clicked SUBMIT before on a quiz - which I think you said you did.

If you clicked the SAVE option instead of submitting the quiz, then you shouldnt see the cheating attempt warning.

Try this:

open quiz.php and find (around line 631 / 632)

// The save type - "save" or "submit".
$save_type = request_var('submit', '');
and after, add:

echo 'ECHOING: ' . $save_type;
- Disable saving of quizzes in the ACP
- Set time limit to 0 in the ACP
- Set Users can only play a competition once to Yes in the ACP
- Create a new quiz
- Enter the quiz (Do NOT navigate away from the page until you have clicked SUBMIT)
- Post what the next page says here

(You should see something along the lines of 'ECHOING: Submit' - it will probably be at the top of the page)

Note: This isnt my mod, but I do use it, and im really grateful to battye and the testers for all the hard work they put in, so Im just trying to help out. I think I can see roughly where the issue is, and the above should narrow it down a bit, but I dont know the root cause.

battye may come along and tell you I am talking rubbish and give some much better advice...but for now I think this is a good start to helping trace the problem.
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

and a related question for battye.....

should

$user->lang['SUBMIT']
return the language value for the current user for language key 'SUBMIT' ?

My quiz.php language file doesnt contain a 'SUBMIT' key....
cafeine
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thanks sub for info, did what you said ...now the quiz opens but on submit it shows:

ECHOING: ??????????????
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/quiz.php:633) in /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4205

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/quiz.php:633) in /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4207

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/quiz.php:633) in /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4208

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/quiz.php:633) in /home/tetatet/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4209
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Ok thanks,

So now....

- ENABLE saving of quizzes in the ACP
- Set time limit to 0 in the ACP
- Set Users can only play a competition once to Yes in the ACP
- Create a new quiz
- SAVE the quiz (Do NOT navigate away from the page until you have clicked SAVE)
- Post what the next page says here (we're looking for that 'ECHOING:' bit again)
tester1
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi battye :) I installed mod and I have questions. Thx for mods :D
Here's my procedure for installing :
quiz acp
quiz acp
vik_st1.png
vik_st2.png
vik_st3.png
vik_st4.png
vik_st5.png
vik_st6.png
vik_st7.png
vik_st8.png
vik_st9.png
tester1
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

This final steps
vik_st10.png
Not considered statistics and views of issues ?
Does not work the process of answering the questions ?
Sorry for bad English :D
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi tester1, welcome to the forum and thanks for using the Ultimate Quiz MOD :)

It looks like to me, you are "Saving the quiz" and not submitting it :)
In this photo - http://forums.cricketmx.com/download/fi ... &mode=view - click the button to the left of Save Quiz. That will "submit" the quiz to the database, and the statistics will be recorded correctly.