[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

It will be available for download tomorrow I think :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

battye wrote:xpmen, that icon should be okay. It is fine for here at CMX, but for all prosilver forums it might need to be blue or grey. :)

:wink:
grey
icon-quiz.png
icon-quiz.png (3.11 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
blue
icon-quiz.png
icon-quiz.png (3.09 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks xpmen :)

Edit: I've taken a look at the header, it will require two extra file edits to add the new icon. What do you think is better, to have it use the Quiz link with the FAQ icon (as it is above, look at the header here at CricketMX) or to use the custom icon?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Battye, did you plan navlinks for style files ?

And I suggest for the future that new quiz are automatically posted in a specific forum... :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

joebart wrote:Battye, did you plan navlinks for style files ?

And I suggest for the future that new quiz are automatically posted in a specific forum... :)
joebart, yes I always planned to have a header link :P
I just want to ascertain whether any minds that the MOD will take a bit longer to install if I use the custom icon xpmen posted as by using a new icon it will require edits to colours.css, buttons.css and bidi.css (it is 3 files in fact).

Whereas if the FAQ icon is used, it doesn't require any CSS edits. It will be quicker to install.

Regarding quizzes being posted in a specific forum, I won't include that in this version of the MOD but if you want I will try and write an add-on for you that will do this. I won't be able to do that until UQM is more complete though.

xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

with or without specific icon is very well :D

I have added all the pages on this quiz menu
and just a link on the index page

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have added that menu you pointed to with the red arrow to more pages as well for Beta 2, see http://forums.cricketmx.com/quiz.php?category=5 :)

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

As promised, Beta 2 is now released today. It can be downloaded from http://www.cmxmods.net/downloads/Ultima ... 2_v200.zip

Special thanks to quahappy for his amazing bug-crunching =D>

The new features can be seen at http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... 550#p98550

I will be making some minor language changes in Beta 3, and also remove all of the PHP notices which people have reported :)

Please let me know if you find any problems in this Beta and I will fix them.

Thanks!

joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Are there any new SQL requests to do to update ? Thanks :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, look at the DIY instructions in the install XML file. There are 4 now rows you need to add into the config table :)

joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ha yes, sorry :oops:
joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I've a problem : I made a new quiz and nobody can do it :
You are seeing this error because one of several events might have occurred:
- A cheating attempt may have been detected. You cannot leave a quiz and later re-enter it without going through the save process.
- You have tried to resubmit a quiz that you have exceeded the time limit on
- You have already played this quiz, and the admin does not allow multiple attempts.
I allowed memebres to do many times the same quiz but they still see this messsage...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you keep old quizzes in the database or start fresh?

xpmen
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I also have a problem when I want to play a quiz I have this:

on another I have this:

or there was just the send button
and no questions

Last edited by xpmen on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joebart
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Did you keep old quizzes in the database or start fresh?
I kept the old and made a new quiz. Nobody can do it, even me. I decided to allow members to do the same quiz many time but it changes nothing...