[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the translation Lugsciath :)
All seams to work (just testing) Greetings
Great news! :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Good evening,

First of all forgive me for my broken English.

I download and install the MOD Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.0.0 (Beta 2 released Dec 29, 09), all works fine if I activate a part of the accounting issues or have this error message
Erreur générale
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_points' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_points = user_points + -2 WHERE user_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: quiz.php
LINE: 769
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
On the other hand, on some quiz test I did I get this message and I do not know how to cancel
ou are seeing this error because one of several events might have occurred: - A cheating attempt may have been detected. You cannot leave a quiz and later re-enter it without going through the save process. - You have tried to resubmit a quiz that you have exceeded the time limit on - You have already played this quiz, and the admin does not allow multiple attempts.
I have put on the Time Limits option to 0 but nothing changes there by cons as the image shows the quiz is marked as saved

If I remove the following code quiz.php it works

Code: Select all

($row['quiz_time_used'] > 0 && $row['quiz_progress_stop_time'] == 0) 
An option to empty the cache to detect cheating or after a few minutes or manually, via the ACP will Tella feasible?

In advance thank you for your future answers

@+ :wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you using a points system? If so, the only reason you get the SQL error is because you are using a column other than "user_points". Do you know which column you are using? If this doesn't make sense I can explain in further detail.

"Sauvegarde" or "saved" will appear on all saved quizzes. The cheating attempt will appear if you have quit a quiz without either saving it or submitting it.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

battye wrote:Are you using a points system? If so, the only reason you get the SQL error is because you are using a column other than "user_points". Do you know which column you are using? If this doesn't make sense I can explain in further detail.
No I do not use any other point system and install the forum is brand new.

It'll be the query to create this field, I can not find in phpbb-users?
battye wrote:"Sauvegarde" or "saved" will appear on all saved quizzes. The cheating attempt will appear if you have quit a quiz without either saving it or submitting it.
Indeed I leave without a quiz to fill completely!

Have not you planned a system to reset it in the ACP?

Because even trying to retrace a quiz marked as saved I can not

:wink:
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I find how close the following error message
Erreur générale
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

BACKTRACE

We must open the file quiz.php search

$statistical_sql[] = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " SET $cash_field = $cash_field + $cash_gained_or_lost WHERE user_id = " . $user->data['user_id']; 
and replace

if(isset($data['points']))
                    {
                    $statistical_sql[] = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " SET $cash_field = $cash_field + $cash_gained_or_lost WHERE user_id = " . $user->data['user_id'];
                    } 
By cons I do not know where is the statistics of the points awarded?
Stef67 wrote:
battye wrote:"Sauvegarde" or "saved" will appear on all saved quizzes. The cheating attempt will appear if you have quit a quiz without either saving it or submitting it.
Indeed I leave without a quiz to fill completely!

Have not you planned a system to reset it in the ACP?

Because even trying to retrace a quiz marked as saved I can not

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Stef67 wrote:I find how close the following error message
Erreur générale
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

BACKTRACE

Do you have in ACP > UQM "Turn on points compatibility" set to YES? Change to NO and the error will no longer appear. You need to have a Cash/Points MOD installed for this feature to work.

Hope that helps.
If you don't ask...
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thank you for your reply

Yes it's good I install a MOD for points.

For the detection of cheating he'll be good to ensure that we can reuse the quiz after a few minutes and will be configurable in the ACP

Lugsciath
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Just a little bug remains hm found in acp in UQM section

ACP_QUIZ_INDEX_TITLE

Solution

Open

languages/en/common.php
(or any other language file eg. languages/de/common.php

seach

'QUIZ_EXPLAIN' => 'Ultimate Quiz MOD',

add before

'ACP_QUIZ_INDEX_TITLE' => 'Ultimate Quiz Mod'

;)

Have fun.

Edit: Corresponding evt. with

'QUIZ_EXPLAIN' => 'Ultimate Quiz MOD',

? Double Var ?
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

If you have correct permissions, go to ACP > System > Module management > Administration Control Panel. Click on edit (green cog) for ACP_QUIZ_INDEX_TITLE. Change Module Language Name to: Ultimate Quiz MOD then click on Submit.

The file that contains ACP_QUIZ_INDEX_TITLE is in includes/acp/info/acp_quiz.php

FIND:

'index'        => array('title' => 'ACP_QUIZ_INDEX_TITLE', 'auth' => 'acl_a_board', 'cat' => array('')),
REPLACE WITH:

'index'        => array('title' => 'Ultimate Quiz MOD', 'auth' => 'acl_a_board', 'cat' => array('')),
I'm not certain but I think altering the above file won't make any difference unless it's a clean install of UQM for "Ultimate Quiz MOD" to appear in ACP tab instead of ACP_QUIZ_INDEX_TITLE
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lugsciath, I am aware of that, thanks. I will probably use your fix for beta 3, but mtrs suggested a complete re-structuring of the language files which would be more efficient so I will probably implement that in Beta 4.

quahappy, I think your code changes should work too. The only reason it isn't a good idea is because you shouldn't hard code language strings :)

Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I have a suggestion for this MOD.

When one accepts the view of responses after a quiz, it'll be nice to have possibility to add supplementary information in addition by providing answers to more understanding of the question

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Stef67 wrote:I have a suggestion for this MOD.

When one accepts the view of responses after a quiz, it'll be nice to have possibility to add supplementary information in addition by providing answers to more understanding of the question

I originally suggested this some time ago here. It would certainly be a nice addition and possibly worth considering for a future release of UQM. ;)
If you don't ask...
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Incorrect I have not seen since in fact I do not practice good English and I use an online translator to supplement my level is not very good. :oops:

Yes it will be even more for a larger version Proshian such as to offer a link or a complement to true or false in stating why the comment! !

Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Another suggestion will be able to describe a quiz in addition to the title, so the user knows what is the quiz

By creating a quiz there is no problem with accents by cons when it modifies one found the question marks instead

subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hello battye,

First of all thanks to you and other contribs for all your hard work on this mod.
It looks like something that will fit the bill for a forum I run.

I just have one question, before I go ahead and download and try to install the beta.

Is it possible to run a competition and gather answers from users, and only later input the correct answers?
The use case I want to support is for users competing in predictions rather than standard type quizzes.

Thanks in advance