Dynamic timer

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

roopeshpdit
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

can any one tell the how to put the dynamic timer in order to know how much time is remaining ? ... like http://www.online-scrabble.com/ . Please let me know
xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

yes, I also need this. and some previous posts are discussing this point...
xzc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Here are 2 links for the timer, possibly we could integrate them directly:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex6/refresh.htm

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... lcount.htm
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will try and arrange this for you next week. I am incredibly busy at the moment, but rest assured I will try and do this for both of you :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
roopeshpdit
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

U rock!!! :lol:
roopeshpdit
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

hi battye,
can you help me with the dynamic timer?. If u are not busy.

:)

roopesh
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

roopeshpdit wrote:hi battye,
can you help me with the dynamic timer?. If u are not busy.

:)

roopesh
Do you have MSN messenger mate? I could show you what code to edit real time (would also help for testing, rather than me posting the code here and saying "hopefully it works"... :))

Please PM me your address, we don't want spam bots to pick it up.. :wink:

BTW, congrats on your rank, first star.... 25 posts :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roopy, I got your PM. Added you to MSN.

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

so..Is there something to visualize a counter of a specific time?

I want to do some quizes about 10 questions with 30 seconds for each questions and I'm looking for something to insert at the top of the page that the users can see when they want.

Can someone help me to find this tip?
ImageImage Wine is an enemy of the man... Who escapes in front of the enemy is an ignoble man!!! ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will try and post some code that will do this for you by the weekend. A countdown timer from 6 minutes to 0 :)

kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

ty battye
ImageImage Wine is an enemy of the man... Who escapes in front of the enemy is an ignoble man!!! ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kikkotm
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

kikkotm wrote:I find my solutioooooooooon :D :D :D

http://forums.aspfree.com/code-bank-54/ ... 89373.html
Oh, fantastic! :D

Do you still need me to help you implement it have you got it working yourself?

If you need me to help you, could you please PM me your FTP details so I can edit your quiz.php file. Thanks :)

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Hi all,

I'm also REALLY interested to get a dynamic timer displayed within UQM at my site as well and am intrigued to know how exactly I can achieve this.

I know for a fact that when I add this MOD to my site (I'm currently fiddling with it at my test site), and implement the timer, members are going to want to see exactly how much time they have left. A visual countdown would be brilliant!

If anyone could assist I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance! :D
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi quahappy :)
As I said in the post in Introductory, I have seen your post (pretty obvious I guess since I am replying to it :lol: ) and will post a solution in the next few days. :)