Preview of my website...

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

whenever I get it back online.

OK, I don't have it right now because there are no USB ports on this computer, or at lease not on the front anyway. It is on my flash drive, and as soon as I get a chance to post it I will. It looks much much better, especially since I have had much more time to work on it. I may tweak it some more between now and then.

This is a tease indeed.

I'll be honest my site is boring. I tried the whole computer thing before, I think I might try it again since I've gained a mountian of knowledge between the times.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is it still called winrejects.net?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone

same name yes. I didn't own the domain technically speaking. Now I can't buy it becuse Jon the dum dum bought it and now it's used as one of those adverstising companies. If I did buy it I would have to buy it through a specific company and pay twice as much for it than I did before, which was $10 a year. So now, whenever, if ever, I get my site back up it will be winrejects.no-ip.org
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, you could sell both of your limited edition CricketMX.com pens on eBay :cry:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

battye wrote:Well, you could sell both of your limited edition CricketMX.com pens on eBay :cry:
They'd have to do better than the PS3's that are being returned by scalpers to the store for refunds. :)
Layzie Bone

that sounds retarded. PS3's on ebay are going for rediculous prices then return them to make a net loss of -$300 to -$500.

I wouldn't sell my pens. I think I kept the stamp on it. Cool tazmanian devil. I do use those pens, even though I have quite a few around my room.
Layzie Bone

I'm not selling my pens. Unless some idiot wants to pay $1,000 or better. Then I'd send him a sharpie.

I'm making progress. I've decided to not build a new system, instead use our old gateway for the server. It's not that old, but it was new in 2002, so it's almost 5 years old and has exceeded the typical useful life of a computer. I got all the software I need except Real VNC. Once again this computer doesn't have USB on the front. I can however get on the internet at home for 10 minutes using a test account on dial-up which might allow me enough time to download.

If I can get mysql working I'll be very happy. For some reason phpmyadmin says can't authencate to mysql, and saying I need to upgrade. That occured on my computer, hopefully with the MySQL GUI tools I can get everything straight. I did run into problems which led me to roll everything back a few days. I re-imaged the computer and reinstalled. Acronis is great.
Layzie Bone

Ok here's the good news. I should have the internet in a couple weeks. I'm getting WildBlue. Not quite as fast as the fiber optic, but it will do much better than dial-up. The equipment is very expensive. During this time anyone who wants an ad ( i not talking about penis pumps and nonsense) for something like what I'm doing with my website. I was thinking about trying to make some money, but ***** who the hell wants to advertise on my site anyway. So if you want to put a little 338x80 banner somewhere on my site PM/email me with it, and I'll stick it on there when it launches.

Still working on that preview....
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I'd suggest google ads or something of the sort. Easy to set up and not really a lot of worry involved with maintaining it. Even if you don't make lunch money out of it, it's kind of neat to see a little bit of change from it.
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Also, I'd like to suggest NearlyFreeSpeech.net for hosting. I set up an account there about a year ago with $10. (you can start with as little as $0.25)

Because charges are based on use instead of just time, I still have my full balance. :) On top of that, you get direct ssh access to manage your site, which is something that you don't often see with hosting providers.

Because this is a little bit (ok, a lot) more complicated than using control panel based hosting, I don't suggest it to just any newb. Since you've got some experience I figure that you'd be in good shape.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

That looks really interesting Nes
Data Transfers (Bandwidth): $1.00 per gigabyte
Disk Space (Storage): $0.01 per megabyte-month
Thanks for posting the link :)

Domain prices are also very reasonable, $7.50/year

Layzie Bone

ok should be online soon as the DNS servers update. http://winrejects.no-ip.org/
Layzie Bone

it is official my site is up and running...
p2p-sharing-rules

8) Congrats on getting your site back up.I added it to my fav to check it in the future.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'day Layzie, good to see you are back online :)

I like what you have done with the arrow: Image

I also think green on black is a good choice, looks good.

:)