breb

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

bob
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

i have like 100 files with breb and dont know what to do please help
thank you
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you got Norton or some other antivirus program?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
bob
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

i do have a norton security disk but its 2002 will it work?
sixfootlady
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Bob, you need to run an online virus scanner. This is a good one - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... ncipal.htm. Also, not sure which bereb worm you have, there is more than one, but here are a couple of links for you to check out. Please read thoroughly and follow the removal instructions to the letter for whatever worm you have: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... bereb.html or http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusen ... .B&VSect=T.

Good luck.
_______
Six
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not familiar with Norton Security Disk :?

If it's like Norton Antivirus, then as long as you keep getting updates it should work...
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

i have encounterd the bereb b , welchia , and a few variants, as you may be aware these worms need to be active to propagate..my stock cure for these is to go to msconfig.exe (use search to find it) and shut down any unfamiliar applications or applications that have no information with them.
usually kernell (two l,s) , tsrsys, staRrwin, these will often occur twice.
once done restart machine and delete the rogue folder in c:\windows, it usually has a name i have just listed. please be careful. if you are not familiar with what i have discussed leave well alone. i have posted these instructions here as a few anti viral packages cant remove the running virus, and therefore need a hand. once you have disabled the virus just run your anti virus software it will do the rest.
sorry about the long winded post...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for that Quick, welcome to the forum :)

Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

welcome quick..
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Do you think that this thread and http://www.battye.jmstacey.net/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=46 should be moved to the virus section?
Don't count your toads until they're running around with their heads cut off.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a good idea to me
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

im on it
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"