[WinMX] Problem with timeouts

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

jacesmith25
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

can anyone please tell me why everyone trying to upload from me keeps timing out?
i have changed my incoming/UDP setting to a number of different setting and back again but nothing happens.
i have disabled my fire wall.
about a week ago i couldnt download files with others but now they cant file share with me why?
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

you need 2 know if you are running through a router and if you are the router port numbers anf the winmx port numbers need 2 match ( 6699 TCP and 6257 UDP) if they dont work add a 1 to the start of each..giving you 16699 TCP and 16257 UDP

if that still does'nt work and you are using XP check if the XP firewall if turned off as winmx and XP do not combine well
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
jacesmith25
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

ok. i will check it out. but ihow do i find the router port numbers.
im new to all this sorry.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

somewhere there will be settings for your router, they should be easy enough 2 find,
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Depending on which router you are using, it will be quite simple to set up. If you have the manual or find it online there should be a section on Port Forwarding or something similar. The way to tell is if it has the option to change TCP and UDP. Please get that info to us ASAP and we will get you fixed up.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moved to Support