WCS - Chat server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Digital , hold on for a bit theres nothing wrong with your program its the way KM has set the update system.
If his site is down your WCS cant check for an update and sits waiting for a reply, bad news I know but KM will be back soon I hope , "Cough" hurry up KM "Cough" :-***)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

if you have run it once then it should be able to work without checking the update server, but if its the first time and it doesn't have its checksum saved then you need the checksum.txt from someone who does have it working and it'll run fine - in theory at least...

anyone got a working checksum.txt? heh (the technical difficulties on my site refer to the fact i cant access any of my files for a few days)

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Km how long do you think the problem might last ?
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

back up now - i was expecting it to take up to a week or so to fix...

i think i might need to have another look at that checksum code to double check why it wasn't working when the server went down - or i could just edit>select all>delete, and only use the checksum for updates and ignore corruption checking... heh

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

No I think its prudent to checksum the code before running as this will stop those people with the hex editor doing silly things .
I suggest you put in a time out on the updating routine with a built in automatic program shut down after 3 weeks of failed or no internet connection to the update site. That should be ok for anyone.
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

yes, that was the original idea... but then when the server goes down again... :-(

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Well if the updates time out for more than 3 weeks the program terminates itself by erasing a block of data vital to its operation.
They can always get a new copy :wink:
But you must allow the program to work for about 3 weeks so if your site goes down it will work for that long without an update.
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

in theory it should have worked for as long as the site is down - not even a time limit on it, but obviously not... lol

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hmm seems theres a brand new release out :D
Released WCS 1.0.9, only a couple of changes this time:

- Ban list made permanent (Its no longer lost after closing and restarting the server)
- Maximum name length increased from 48 to 50 (48 is the longest winmx allows you to type, but a bug in the rename box in winmx allows up to 50)
- Made a few small changes to the auto-update and corruption check
Thanks Km , its about time anyone who has an old archived version updated it from here.
http://www.kingmacro.net/?section=get&file=wcs.zip
Josh (SNIP)
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

new wcs released!
Version 1.1

Restart your wcs for the update!

I've released a "major" update to WCS, i have to call it a major update because its been 3 weeks since the last update :-D

Added text formatting, use TextFormat= in the config file to change the format, use %s for the username and text (an example would be something like "#c2#<#c1#%s#c2#> #c1#%s")

Made colour code changeable - use ColourCode= in the config file to change the colour codes, use %d for the colour number (example: #c%d#) and RandomColour= to change #c?# to something else

You'll also notice a small difference if you load the channel list in primary - it now sends the listings via loopback :-D

I've also made a load of behind-the-schenes changes to a few things that you probably wont notice, as well as fixing a few potential bugs.
Looking for Fast Winmx help?, MXTools, Visual Basic Help,Cool programs? Well visit http://www.winmxunlimited.net
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

KM has released a new update for WCS (WCS 1.1.1) this features a few bugfixes and a few requested functions (Yes he is nice like that sometimes..lol) .
To obtain WCS 1.1.1 just restart your WCs and it will auto update
- Added opmsg to /help (oops)
- Added "O" flag for viewing opmsg (dont forget to change your admin passwords to contain the O flag)
- Added message for users without "a" access (as if you would be cruel enough to take away someones "a" access...)
- Added blocking of certain things to prevent a potential bug - although I cant confirm if the bug mentioned here is what I think it is... I fixed what I think it is anyway :-D (and if it isn't, its still a bug fix...)
- Added multiple text formats (TextFormat1= TextFormat2= etc, then give them "1" access, "2" access, etc)

Well Thanx KM :D nice set of updates, your servers are rather popular now it seems , last time I looked :)

P.S.I believe its about time you upgraded the download fIle of WCS on your site to something a bit more recent :)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

the download contains 1.1.1 :-D (and i updated it for 1.1 as well) - but i think i need to update the help file and the example config could do with re-making, heh

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I was referring to the one in get as its usually the place I go to check for any updates. :)
Sorry for the confusion
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

http://www.kingmacro.net/kingmacro/?sec ... le=wcs.zip (also known as http://www.kingmacro.net/kingmacro/get/wcs.zip )

has missed a few updates, but the last few of them i've updated in there

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

A very small announcement by KM today of WCS 1.1.2
a small bug fix, nothing worth mentioning (thats why I didn't) - lol
Thanks KM Keep up the good work :) , Regarding this :
the last few of them I've updated in there
Thanks, its similar to the MCS situation , best to clear the shelves before an exploit occurs :)