CricketMX... update!

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Vic D'Elfant
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Dear community,

As you will no doubt be aware, I have been browsing these forums for quite some time now to, basically, make up my mind. battye has taken on several other tasks within the phpBB team and I've been taking less, so he felt he wouldn't have time to continue maintaining this website the way he used to. As such, he has decided to sell the website and its contents for a symbolic figure to me.

Not much will be changing for you all, apart from a possible merge between this forum and some other smaller boards (due to CricketMX not having much relevance to the actual content) and possibly some structural changes including the removal of OT Forum - we should focus on the things this community really is about instead of using offtopic chatter as the "core business" of the forum, so to speak. It's easy enough to set a forum like that up once the time comes.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here (through PM) at phpbb.com or add me to MSN: v.delfant[at]live.nl.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seems dubious to me considering this is April 1st and I am the other Admin of the site and battye never mentioned anything to me.

Nice try.
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

"poisson d'avril"
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

This smells of LirpaLoof to me, as thinkgeek.com might put it.
prototech

Hmm.. I was shocked at first but it all made sense after reading Grinch's post. :lol:
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

well slap me with a noodle and call me a fool... i had zero april fools pulled on me this year.. on april first that is... april second seems to be rife with them...
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
moongirl

Good one Vic D'Elfant...Image to you too!!

What a great way to introduce yourself to The Cricket Team!!
Welcome to our world!! :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done to everyone that picked this as a prank :twisted:
Thanks to Vic D'Elfant for taking part 8)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Damn, I've been under the weather. It's the 13th of May, and I'm reading this and I'm like WTF! Yeah thank God that was a prank, hell had I not read the whole topic I would have started one hell of a noisy topic in OT :P ...but only if it came down to it.