Software Question?

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I tried my best to figure out the best place for this. Hope I got the right place.
Anyway, I just downloaded my first movie in AVI format. And I want to convert it to a VCD and copy it onto a cd so I can watch it on tv.
Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this software I am considering..... like which works best and is the easiet! :lol:

Cucusoft Avi to VCD/DVD converter
EVD Easy
AVI/MPEG CD Maker (it does both)
TMPGEnc
HT Burn DVD 3.0

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?? :idea:
Do you have Frog Legs?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I might be wrong, but I think you can just burn from avi to Vcd in Nero :?

DVD's you have to convert avi to mpg though :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Use Cucusoft, I have used it before and it is simple to use. The website even has a little tutorial.
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hhmmmm. Battye, I wonder if you could try to burn an avi to vcd to see if it will or not. I have Nero 6. someething, with all the decoders, etc. But I am not having any luck.

Guess in the meant time I'll go try cucusoft again, :lol:

I never realized this would be so hard, think next time I'll just download in vcd, :)
Do you have Frog Legs?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

How big is the avi file?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

You know what?
I have come to the conclusion (or atleast I think I have) That I have been burning my avi to vcd, cause I can play it on my dvd player on my pc, but not my tv dvd player, my tv dvd player says it plays svcd and vcd, but apparently I have yet to figure out how. lol
But then again, it took me forever to figure out how to play a dvd, :lol:
I am just so pittiful :oops:

oh, and yes, Nero did it all by itself, so I so I downloaded all that other stuff for notthing.
Live and Learn :wink:
Do you have Frog Legs?
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sometimes nero will convert flawlessly and sometimes not. You are lucky. Cucusoft is a great program and I recommend it all the time. Their website has a tutorial on converting to VCD. The website is http://www.cucusoft.com