HTML usergroup

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote="I wrote"]STAGE ONE: Setting styles
The first step is to create a new file on your server named switcher.php and paste the following code into it. (Line wraps are marked ». –Ed.)

<?php
setcookie ('sitestyle', $set, time()+31536000, »
'/', 'yourdomain.com', '0');
header("Location: $HTTP_REFERER");
?>
When it’s queried, this file will write a cookie for the user detailing which site style to use. The cookie is set to expire in one year, and then the script sends the user back to the referring page. All of this happens behind the scenes, so the user will never really “seeâ€
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, I make the file then upload it? :?

Ok, I'll tell y'all what happens :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

How long before we know what's up?

You need the quick reply mod, so much easier.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know what I'm like with mods :lol:

I'm uploading them now...
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reading through your how-to post earlier, I think what I've done isn't going to work... I'll need to spend a lot of time on it tomorrow. It's nearly midnight here :P

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why do you think it won't work?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

switcher.php wrote:Parse error: parse error in /home/battye/domains/battye.jmstacey.net/public_html/themes/switcher.php on line 3
I need to add all the theme info, *.css file location etc. This isn't going to be easy :(

To test it go here: http://www.battye.jmstacey.net/themes/index.htm

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, I guess this is going to be a big project. Maybe Boozy will have some ideas. In the php script did you change "yourdomain" to your actual domain?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, the thing is, that script you mentioned:
Grinch wrote:<?php
setcookie ('sitestyle', $set, time()+31536000, »
'/', 'yourdomain.com', '0');
header("Location: $HTTP_REFERER");
?>
That won't work because there's nothing there to redirect it to the appropriate page or css file, we need to do everything you mentioned on page four.

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

So the css files need to be uploaded so it has something to redirect to??? Doesn't sound difficult but I am not an expert on this. All the code that is needed on the homepage is there according to that tutorial. Hmmm, I am sure we can get it worked out.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

are you sure that source code is right?? looks kinda odd 2 me, and im sure its not closed properly... i have just work up from a HEAVY night so i could be wrong.. :lol:
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

JoShUa!@#\123 wrote:I have extensive Microsoft FrontPage Knowledge and am willing to design the homepage :P
thats all good and well, but who are you?? i've not seen many/any of your posts b4, and before i add you 2 the usergroup i wanna know abit more about you, so i suggest you make a few more posts in the other forums and join in our disscussions
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

grinch2171 wrote:So the css files need to be uploaded so it has something to redirect to??? Doesn't sound difficult but I am not an expert on this. All the code that is needed on the homepage is there according to that tutorial. Hmmm, I am sure we can get it worked out.
The *.css files are automatically uploaded with every theme. So they are already on the server. If you need the address for it, PM me 8)

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boozy, are you going to add me to the group? Or are you leaving me out :(

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can't you add yourself?? You are the Mighty Admin. Any luck with our little project?? I have been thinking about it all weekend but no solution as of yet.