Wallpapering

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

Social Wallpapering (Socwall) is a free depository for high-quality images suitable for desktop backgrounds.
Download torrent packs, upload your own images or participate in their forum.
Social Wallpapering is a public effort to classify, rank, and distribute high-resolution images for use as desktop backgrounds. Supported resolutions include 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, and all other background variations with a minimum width and height of 1280x720 pixels.

Socwall employs several technologies to function, such as cascading style sheets (CSS), asynchronous javascript and XML (AJAX) requests, an open source relational database management system (MySQL), and a server-side cross-platform HTML embedded scripting language (PHP). The idea for Socwall originated in March 2006 by Kirk Ouimet, who is the founder and maintainer of the web site.

The design of Socwall was inspired by the great potential of community-based interactive websites, which are commonly referred to as Web 2.0 websites. The author of this site was particularly influenced by Kevin Rose's excellent digg.com.

Social Wallpapering is an attempt to create the greatest high-resolution wallpaper resource on the planet.
http://www.socwall.com/
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

On the subject of wallpapers... I want to change mine, but I also want to keep my current one on my PC (which I can no longer find on the net).

Does anyone know where the current one is stored (it was obtained by right clicking the "set as background" on one of the images on the net).

Thanks in advance.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Try here:
Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Wallpaper1.bmp

Otherwise, this page might have some info for other places for it to hide:
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0. ... ID=2572470

I think the first one might do it. I'd have to boot into windows to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that the file I found there is my current windows background.