Acronis True Image & Second Copy

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

Acronis is great. What it does is it makes an image of your hard disk. You can set it to do an incremental back up so that the minute your computer were to crash you can restore it back to EXACTLY the way it was.

In the 10.0 version you can set what is called Acronis Secure Zone which is much like on some dells, gateways, etc that have the System Recovery partition. Except you can do the incremental backups.

Where you can get it. I for one would just get it off of WinMX or whatever p2p appliaction you use. The software probably goes for around $100 or better, it's pretty slick software.

And for those who want to do something similar on a smaller scale. There's Second Copy. Second Copy copies your files, it can be the entire hard disk or just a folder. You can set profiles to copy from folders at certian times, daily, weekly, or even when files are changed (realtime). You can get a trial for it for 30 days at their website, http://www.centered.com
moongirl

Thanks Wanabe. This last week I have been looking at compact external harddrives,
the type that fit in your pocket or in my case ..handbag.
Lots of gigs in a little package for back-up!! :D

Or, wait a month or two and buy an 80 gig USB drive :shock:
Just kidding, I think!! :?
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)