Adding images to Quiz

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Have tried using the BBcode [img]image[/img] but this displays as the following in the actual quiz :

IMM
After reading the question, type the answer into the field beside!

[img]phpBB/images/Antonov%20An-70.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Backfire.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Black%20Hawk.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Draken.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Flanker.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Flogger.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Fulcrum.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Harrier.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Hornet.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Jaguar.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Merlin.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Nimrod.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Osprey.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Tornado.jpg[/img]

[img]phpBB/images/Transall.jpg[/img]

Can somebody please explain how we get the actual images to display in the quiz...the path for the images on my server is phpBB/images
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Use http://www.yoursitename.com/phpBB/images/image.gif

Using phpBB/images/image.gif by itself is not sufficient
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Identify the AIRCRAFT

Have tried using full address.....this is what is being displayed in the quiz.... still not displaying images.

Any ideas what I can be doing wrong, as the quiz itself works fine, just not displaying an image.....do you think I need an image size MOD to set the image size in the quiz?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't put a space between the [img] tag and the link.

Also, with images like Antonov An-70.jpg, replace that with Antonov%20An-70.jpg
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Identify the AIRCRAFT

Done all that...still no luck....removed reference to Antonov as file was corrupt :(

Any other suggestions....this is giving me grey hairs this side :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are putting these in the question field right?
From memory, I don't think you can put them in the answer field.

BTW, don't forget to say 'hi' in our Introductory Forum, we're only 12 posts from 1000 :)

webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Yes ....placing the [img]images.jpg[/img] in the question field.... the answer field is showing blank on the quiz, but on setup I have entered the correct answers in the answer boxes....it is totally baffling me as to why the images will not display :(

Will definately go sign in at the Introductory Forum :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Could you please set up a test account so I can try adding a quiz myself?

And thanks for the post in Introductory :)

webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Battye,

Test Account details:

User Name: webmasterTEST

Psw : test123

Hope you have luck :)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Works perfectly for me :)
http://609wrsquadron.co.uk/phpBB/quiz.php?mode=play&q=3

I'm having a look at your test quiz right now :)

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thats great...works for me now :).....Many thanks for all your assistance....much appreciated :D :D :D
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

No problem :)
Hope you continue to drop by here :)

webmaster609
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Most definately will...as I said previously these forums are a godsend to us newbies ..we pick up loads of tips and advice as well as obtain first class assistance.....Keep up the good work, a job well done to you and your fellow moderators :)