[SoulSeek] soulseek crashed

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Zver
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

One day I got meself a new provider and they sent me a router. That day my Soulseek crashed and never stopped since. Techs told me that that thing configured as a bridge, not a router, so its not blocking any ports or acts as a firewall. If that whould be the case I whouldnt be able to go on WinMX on the primary connection and host rooms. I installed and reinstalled Soulseek several times. I shut my firewall down. I cleaned my registry. I bought new underwear. What more one man can do. Soulseek crashed once in 5 hours but usually does every 3 to 15 mins. Btw, on the same day I got new processor, but I dont think that has anything to do with that. Help me get back to SoulSeek, please, cause MX sucks donkeys.
Rock
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

soulseek has always crashed for me, tried again last night and it crashed so im just going to delete and forget about it now ... looked interesting but there is other P2P programs out there and much better too .
good luck zver
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

Funny that you are coming into a mainly winmx forum saying winmx sucks and asking for help with soulseek.....

lol

You are very funny guy
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
Zver
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Big help this been, anyway I resolved the crashing.
So stop with your "lol" and stupid crap.
Freggle
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Welcome to CricketMX Zver.
Good you fixed your problem, want to share your solution with us?
Rock
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

ADi@/\/TUM wrote:Funny that you are coming into a mainly winmx forum saying winmx sucks and asking for help with soulseek.....

lol

You are very funny guy

For your information ADi@/\/TUM this is a support forum not only for WinMx, its also a support forum for other P2P networks too.

I would like to know how u stop it crashing Zver as im still having problems with soulseek.

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, spot on Rock. It's a support forum for all P2P networks. Even though we don't have a whole section dedicated to SoulSeek doesn't mean we don't offer support for it :)

Welcome back Zver :D
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Sorry I could,nt t help out with this one either Zver , I have never tried soulseek , and it looks like its only Rock here that has .
As with the rest of these guys here ..what was the solution ?
ADi@/\/TUM
Flower Child
Flower Child

What was the solution>?
The Monthly world, daily struggle!
Rock
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

i suppose we arent going to hear the solution now ... lol