GrinchyNet Up??

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

The site is up and running, I still need to add a few more things but for the most part it is there for you to read.

If you have any constructive criticism you would like to bestow upon me about the design, layout, browser issues, or just to tell me my site is lame, please feel free to. I like to hear what people think and it will help me make a better site.
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

so what happened to it before? Something about it being illegal?
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I believe it had something to do with bt.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

It was a tracker at one point. Got me into a bit of trouble.
moongirl

"The three words that best describe you are as follows,"...nails, putty, conundrum!! :wink:
It is very personal and very good Grinch!! The poetry fascinates me.
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Very nice. Looks good in firefox under linux. :)

Fave line: "hobbies include kicking and punching and most of all, sleeping"
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

Rat wrote:Fave line: "hobbies include kicking and punching and most of all, sleeping"
And...then he talks about the bean!:tongue:

grinch, i got a chance to go over some of your site. i must say i was touched by how you picked yourself up and moved on. one thing struck me as odd tho, you got kicked out of detox for not following rules, then joined the marines! wots up with that? aren't the marines all about rules? lol
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am an enigma.

I need to get the rest of my poetry up. Once that is done, I will have to figure what else I will do with the site.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks great Grinch, very nice layout, and a lot of info. The poetry and family sections are very good :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I like your site and second the x-mas b.s.
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

I did a major overhaul of the site. I no longer use images and javascript for the navigation. All navigation is done through the power of CSS. I am very happy with the results and quite pleased with myself. Unfortunately IE does not like my site. It does wierd things with the navigation.

Best viewed in FireFox.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The navigation links look great. I tried to reply to your blog post about it yesterday, but posting was disabled :(
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

battye wrote:The navigation links look great. I tried to reply to your blog post about it yesterday, but posting was disabled :(
Odd, I just made a test post and it worked. I have been having issues with that script. Hopefully the next version will fix some of the "bugs" I have been having.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

grinch2171 wrote:
battye wrote:The navigation links look great. I tried to reply to your blog post about it yesterday, but posting was disabled :(
Odd, I just made a test post and it worked. I have been having issues with that script. Hopefully the next version will fix some of the "bugs" I have been having.
It said it was disabled due to spam bots :?

moongirl

Again I've been marvelling at your genius!! :wink:
Grinch, I hope Mrs Grinch and The Bean are doing well!!
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)