my views

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

A.I. BOT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I think music should be allowed to be pirated but software not people spend years devloping software and they wnat their money for it. i think music is already down the drain now, i checked the stats on my fileshare software and it said that 671,000 ppl were currently downloading music :/ vrs the 3,000 doing software
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is where open source is a great idea, you can charge for it, but after it is bought, the buyer can do whatever they want with it.

As you said, software pirating via P2P is not a major issue, it is only music (which has gotten so far out of control now, it is almost unstoppable).
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
hockeyjock686
Music Man
Music Man

I think no one should ever share music ever!! I am against p2p and all that use it should die!
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmmmm.....I remember your screen name from a particular p2p app. So now you are hipocrite.
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

grinch2171 wrote:Hmmmmm.....I remember your screen name from a particular p2p app. So now you are hipocrite.
Lol! Hes not a hipoctrite, just a smartass. :wink:

As for my views on the subject.. if its out there I'm gonna download it regardless of any law. :twisted:
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
threewing
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

If the argument is that software developers 'want their money', then I would care to think musicians and film-makers 'want their money' too...
The only problem with music is: the market is blown wide open!

It is broadcasted over a million networks, it is pumped into waiting rooms and elevators. Hell, even your neighbours put on stuff you don't wanna hear.
And if one musician stops making music because he/she don't get enough money, then it's not a real musician... And P2P-users wouldn't be a part in it at all...
If all downloading would stop tonight, no musiscian, director, actor or other artist/producer would earn more money by the end of this year. I think, don't burn me on that statement, or anything... But I think there would be a little increase in sales and no part of that money wouyld go to any artist, it would probably be used to cut the prices to increase sale, or increase prices, because us smucks would be forced to pay that price anyhow... :(

By the way, I used P2P 24/7, so I should die...
which confuses me, my dear old grandmother died at the blessed age of 96. So she should have died anyway, but the good woman never touched a computer in her entire life !?! :shock:
/|\

/|\ has a strict policy concerning disclosure of identity, showing of
light sabers, affiliationado's, multiple account users, drinking buddies who
join the same community they see me visit for years, and board hoggers
(whatever that means).
The policy is: If it doesn't bother me, I don't give a flying f4ck.
hockeyjock686
Music Man
Music Man

haha freez u got me...yeah i'm just kidding...honestly i think that p2p is the greatest thing to ever happen to man i mean i can enjoy anything i want now in the privacy of my own home,

what a great invention
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

If all p2p were to stop tonight?? The very next day, if not the same. I would be dusting off my cassette player while listening to the radio and hitting the pause button everytime a crappy commercial came on :twisted:

Not like I havn't done it before 8)
p2p-sharing-rules

:lol: ahh the old days eh.I don't miss those days that's for sure.
Thanks to the PC Gods or :twisted: 's for creating P2P. :)
hockeyjock686
Music Man
Music Man

lets hear it for cassettes!! yay!!
threewing
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Found some good old Genesis tapes ,working the chemical garbage dept...

Selling England By The Pound

One of their best albums.
We're not supposed to take anything with us :lol:

Yeah, right... :wink:
/|\

/|\ has a strict policy concerning disclosure of identity, showing of
light sabers, affiliationado's, multiple account users, drinking buddies who
join the same community they see me visit for years, and board hoggers
(whatever that means).
The policy is: If it doesn't bother me, I don't give a flying f4ck.
hockeyjock686
Music Man
Music Man

haha good band...find me some metallica if u can hahah
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

hockeyjock686 wrote:haha good band...find me some metallica if u can hahah
heh, I have "Kill 'em all" on a cassette (as well as on CD) and I played it soooo much when it was new that it is wonderfully stretched. My cassette's version of 'Pulling Teeth (Anaesthesia)' is far more distorted than the original ever was. I love it. :)
p2p-sharing-rules

I only have 2 metallica cd's kill 'em all & Creeping Death - Jump In The Fire EP.
I don't even listen to 'em no more,I don't know why I downloaded them.
Metallica use to be my fav band when i was younger until they turned ghey.
hockeyjock686
Music Man
Music Man

lol quite the truth...st anger is the worst album ever made...so i've lost a lot of interest in them, i hate the people who tell me they are metallica fans and then i ask them to name other albums and they're like ummm....enter sandman?