WINMX trouble downloading

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

claire
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I am having trouble downloading any music on WINMX v3.53, songs go into the transfer window but time out or else they will download up to exactly 2,176 (kb or something I don't know!) then stop.. and all my uploads time out waiting for incoming connections.
Also when I search for an artist, it sometimes only comes up with loads of the same one song.
I have windows xp, and my internet is BT broadband.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix this please!?
Thanxxx
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Hello Claire, your problem sounds all too familiar right now... :cry:

WinMX is being flooded right now with fake files.. especially popular artists.. I will give you a few links on the forum to check out and read up on what you can do to get the files your after.
But I will say this too, Just to make sure its not another problem..
Are you able to download any files?
Can people upload files from you?
If you are, and they do its probablly just the flooding causing you annoyance right now.

Heres the links for ya...

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1705. <-- info on how to get around the fakes.

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1742 <-- a list of the artists that we know they are targeting.

http://p2p-revolution.com/ <-- a new way to download from WinMX.

Also, have a look through the tutorials.. some of those might help you as well... and as always

Happy Hunting :wink:
claire
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thanks a lot for your help.
i can't actually download anything at the moment (even those that are not on your list as being flooded with fakes), and anyone trying to upload from me times out waiting for incoming connection.
there is no problem with my internet, as i can use email, messenger etc.

i don't know where to go from here!
:?

claire
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Hi Claire, have you tried downloading off of someone in a chat room ?
That will let you know whether its a technical problem at your end or just the fakes problem, that is afflicting us at the moment . :)
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Okay Claire we are here to help so ...lets get you fixed...hehe

The first thing is your firewall.. you say you are on Windows XP.. what firewall are you using?
Also, are you on a router?
How long has this been happening.. always.. or recently?

Get back to me and we'll have a go at some of this.. Also, feel free to stop by the CricketMX Help Room on winmx also.. for some live assistance if you would like.
It sounds like you have more than one issue going on so chatting might help you get up and running faster.
Hope to hear from you soon.. :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
claire
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

i'm not sure how to find out what firewall i'v got or if i'm on a router or whatever i'm a bit clueless when it comes to this, i think the live chatting thing might be more useful...if i could only find it! (now i sound REALLY stupid lol) can someone tell me how to get to it please!?

thanxxx
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

To Get into the chat on WinMX click the tab highlighted in this screen shot ;)
channel list will load up, right-click and select join or double click a channel name to enter it :)
Attachments
WinMX
WinMX
1.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 5598 times
<Insert Abuse Here. . . >
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

and if you type "cricketmx" in to the top bar then it'll help you find a good room to join :D

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
claire
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

ohhh i see, i thought u meant a help room on this website..ok i'm with u now, but i can't see a room called cricketmx
oh well, i'll try a bit later

thanxxx
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Here is the exact room name Claire

CricketMx Help Room_CC0F2AD9221C

Come by and see us ...
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
imboxster
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

I'm having the same problem, I had a cable now on on dsl and I cant connect at all,I did the port thing and the p2p thing and I still have nothing. HELP
EVERYDAY I WAKE UP IS A GREAT DAY
bangkok69
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hi all :)

Just like to say thanx.Have been using Winmx for years until recently "problems" started happening :evil: :evil:
Anyway all's good now since coming across CricketMX,cheers all 8) and always remember......

" Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take away our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM! "
=D> =D>
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum mate, hope to see you around the site a bit :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
p2p-sharing-rules

Welcome to the forum bangkok69 :D :!: