Mx Linx 2 (beta)

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

This has been out for about a fortnight now and as it seems rather quiet I thought I,d better let you all get a look at it :)

http://sharepoint.boo.pl/bin/MXlinx2v0.02b1.zip
Features
-SpeedUp tool, which finds new sources more frequently than WinMX does,
-Upload Accelerator tool, which opens new slots when upload speed is not sufficient,
-Hash Calc tool, which allow you to generate hash values for your private files,
-HASH Engine, which place files listed in WinMX Releases section in your Download queue with one mouse click

Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP/2000 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable or higher
- WinMX 3.54 b4 or higher
The dot-net (.NET) software can be found here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Word of caution: this is not a completed application yet, and you may find a few bugs .
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem with Linx and QuickMX type programs are that they hurt the network, so bear that in mind if you want to use this program
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

I agree Battye :? I checked if it was on the filebreech site and it was so I thought maybe they know something I dont :)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

the "speed up" thing just floods out more searches on to the network (which would cause problems if too many people did it) - although the opening of more upload slots if you get a few 56k's takinng them all up or something is a small attempt to help out i guess...

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!