Microsoft - We Want To Help ... Honest

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Well this is a turn up for the books as we say in the UK , Microsoft want to provide all their customers with free anti spy components for their operating system , sounds great to me ... (famous last words Quicks... :-k )

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/01/06/micr ... index.html

Only this minor hiccup maybe ?
Rich Kaplan, vice president for Microsoft's security business and technology unit, said the free version of Microsoft's new spyware-removal software will expire July 31 and pricing for future versions is still undecided.
Rival anti-spyware tools, such as Lavasoft Inc.'s popular Ad-Aware product, offer similar functions to Microsoft's, and many are free.
And we must not forget Spybot either , these smaller companies will still be here when microsoft is trying to charge big bucks after attempting to smash the competition. :x
Freggle
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

This Microsoft spyware scanner is a bit confused and not even sure what spyware/adware is itself. For example.. It found spyware in the msgplus! sponsor...
Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D have a very big marketshare so they won't be knocked out very easy I think. Also it's not for nothing that most people use them both because they kill alot but just not everything. A combination of scanners keeps you pretty clean :D
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

I'd say keep it free and make everyone happy otherwise they'll be pirating the thing as fast as the eye can see...Stupid Microsoft :roll:
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
Red XIII

Thanks Freggle :)
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen