Smart Popup Blocker[freeware]

From software to hardware, breakthough to disaster, it all belongs here!

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

p2p-sharing-rules

Smart Popup Blocker can intelligently kill those unsolicited pop-up, pop-under ads and Messenger spams but never interfere your normal browsing. Also, Smart Popup Blocker can automatically clean cookies, protect home page.

Key features:
Block unsolicited pop-up ads.
Block unsolicited pop-under ads.
Block Messenger pop-up spams.
Allow trusted new window, not interfere user's normal navigation
Save internet bandwidth, speed up browsing.
Hotkey to temporarily allow popup windows.
Sound notification on blocking.
Automatically delete cookies to protect privacy online.
Protect home page.
Residing on system Tray with an icon, easy to use.
:arrow: website link
p2p-sharing-rules

Hi has anyone tried this yet.I've notice the option to Close All IE Browsers doesn't work on my PC .
Anyone else having the same problem if they use :?:
p2p-sharing-rules

I've also noticed the system Tray icon for it doesn't close all the time after IE closes ,even though it is suppose to close.
The enable home page protection is all in uppercase letters too ,when i enable it,spybot & spywareguard home page protection pops up and asked if i wanna use the new one or restore the old, i restored the old one,then disable the home page protection in the pop up blocker.
I went to downloads.com to download it again to see if it would help with the problem of the Close All IE Browsers option not working right and it said there a new version 1.20,the Smart-Popup-Blocker website for it still has v1.01 on it still.

http://www.download.com/Smart-Popup-Blo ... ag=lst-0-1

I wrote a e-mail to the support e-mail addy today to see if they could help me,i hope they get back soon.
The popup blocker works ok, it blocks most popups.
Last edited by p2p-sharing-rules on Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freggle
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

I don't see why I should use/try this... I have WinXP SP2 here with Firefox ;)

I do like your informative posts though.
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

If I found myself forced into using IE on a regular basis, I'd likely dl this or something like it. The popup blocker in the google toolbar just isn't good enough.

As it is, I'm able to use Firefox for most of my browsing. I've only had one popup the whole time.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

And that was the one that I got too Nes... cos I was curious when you posted about it. MxLinx. Right? Or is there another you're not telling us about?
p2p-sharing-rules

I might jus do that an get firefox , cos i don't need to use IE all the time.
I hate that you have to get plugins for it.But after you get them and get firefox working right with them, it works good.
I'm still using M$ ME. :( ,that's why i have to get a pop up blocker.
MxLinx? What's that Rat.?
Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

You're using ME?? :puker:

I use IE all the time, really I never have problems with it. I tried friefox and it kept having a problem on that old harddrive...Well I spose that's cause the darn thing went bad :x
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
p2p-sharing-rules

LOL yea i'm still using ME. :cry: :(
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

You don't *have* to get plugins for firefox. If you want to view embedded media such as shockwave flash files (swf) or real media (ra.rm.ram etc) then of course you do have to... but the same is true of IE. It doesn't come with that stuff preinstalled.

The firefox plugins are actually a bonus. For example, I have one installed that converts plain text URL's into clickable links automatically. No more cut and paste! :D I also have a nice one called launchy which learns what apps you have installed on your system and gives you the option to send stuff you find on web sites directly to the appropriate app, for example, an image goes straight to paint shop instead of first having to save it or drag it around. All good stuff.

I would seriously recommend installing it.

As for MxLinx... well, it's a winmx queue manager but not very effective at leech killing. It also has a nasty 'speed up searches' feature - like in quickmx - and we know what those do to the network don't we? Not recommended.
p2p-sharing-rules

8) Thanx rat for the info :D , i knew about the shockwave flash files (swf) or real media (ra.rm.ram etc), i never heard of the other plugins that you were talking about.

The support didn't get back to me yet for Smart Popup Blocker. :x

I'm not gonna get MXlinx , i've tried Quickmx in the past and it slowed down my downloads.It really sucked,i wouldn't recommend it either if it sucks like Quickmx.
Last edited by p2p-sharing-rules on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
p2p-sharing-rules

I using Firefox now & uninstalled the Smart Popup Blocker.
The Firefox popup blocker works better.

Real Alternative works with it , but Quicktime Alternative doesn't even though it says that it has plugins for Opera/Mozilla/Netscape.
Do i have to reinstall it again,so the plugin is added for Firefox or does it not work with Firefox :?:
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

p2p-sharing-rules wrote:Do i have to reinstall it again,so the plugin is added for Firefox or does it not work with Firefox :?:
A good question. The fact it is described as being available for mozilla doesn't necessarily mean it will run in firefox. Most people think of mozilla's version of the navigator browser (like netscape) when they hear or use the name mozilla. The best bet is to go and have a look around the website for what you need. Here's a link (for users of Mozilla products only folks - secure site) https://addons.update.mozilla.org/?application=firefox
p2p-sharing-rules

8) Thanx rat,I tried Cryptopsy's site cos they had a live clip in .mov format,it didn't work it said i needed a plugin for Quicktime, when i used the option to look for the plugin for Quicktime it said i had to manually download Quicktime & it took me to the Apple Quicktime site.

I was at another site too and it asked For Realplayer v10..ect,so i guess Real alternative doesn't work with all sites for Firefox users.
I should check the BBC site to see if Real Alternative works there too in Firefox.

The site i tested it to see if it worked with Firefox was Macabre's site,cos they use real format for live video clips & samples from the 'Dahmer' cd are in real audio and it worked on their site.

I'll just have to use IE for site's the use real & quicktime formats or get :roll: Realplayer & Quicktime again. :evil: