KMs Patch

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

For those who have been having problems with getting a decent channel listing on secondary connection with WinMx Christmas has arrived early , courtesy of KM 8)

http://www.kingmacro.net/?section=get&file=olepro32.dll

This patch needs to be placed in your ProgramFiles/Winmx/ folder
and WinMx restarted for it to take effect. Any details on its operation KM ?

However it works its a job well done KM , I,ll talk our friend over at Vladds and tell him to stfu :D

IMPORTANT UPDATE New address for the patch is this one

http://www.kingmacro.net/kingmacro/get/olepro32.dll

Save it directly into here C:\Program Files\Winmx\
Last edited by quicksilver on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool, KM, what does it do? Does it get the listing from your webchat or something?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

it just uses a simple method of taking over the data recieves by winmx (same as MCMA does - but with a better method for loading itself in the first place) but rather than monitor chat connections, just monitors for a secondary connection and watches the data comming in.... if it see's an erronious room listing then it basicly screws up that listing up (makes it not a problem by trimming it down to something winmx will accept)

the code for the patch itself isn't anything too complex in fact if you ignore all the bits for getting the patch loaded then its only about 50 lines of code

quicksilver: i assume you mean the person who pissed me off... it wasn't anyone from vladds, it was a certain room who's topic is modified by the patch if you're using it...

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Great work KM! :D :lol: :wink: 8)
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

OMG... i love it...it works great and i see a huge difference in the list..first time in months i have had a complete list and not been knocked offline too.. maaarvelous darleeeeng... hehehe..
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

This could be the answer to alot of peoples channel listing issues as of late. :wink:
Any known bugs or issues so far using this patch?
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

one possible bug which i cant confirm, sometimes winmx takes a while to connect with or without the patch, but it seems that it might do this more with the patch than without.....

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

I havent noticed any delays really in connecting, not more than normal and nothing else weird either soo..

As many of you know I was born a natural tester..cause if sumpin is gonna be weird or go wrong it does it when i touch it..lol...

So this patch must be even Me Proof... :shock:

Whoa could you maybe make me a patch for my car KM...and maybe for me to wear to work...while operating the medical equipment.... :P :P :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Winmx has been trying to connect for 10 minutes which is rare for me :?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Freezmizer
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Getting a 404 error on that link :(
-- Ha Ha Charade you are....... --
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Freezmizer wrote:Getting a 404 error on that link :(
The dll is removed from the server.
Any way no problem downloaded from here! i attached! :D :lol: :wink: 8)
Attachments
olepro32.zip
(6.82 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Yes it seems KM has been updating his forum so I suspect a few web links are not as they should be , hopefully it wasnt deliberate :?
Nice to see you again Jimmys :D
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

quicksilver wrote:Yes it seems KM has been updating his forum so I suspect a few web links are not as they should be , hopefully it wasnt deliberate :?
I anser with this quote :wink:
KM By http://www.kingmacro.net/ wrote:ok, i decided to create a new forum to replace the old one... its called... KMBB (guess how i thought of that...)

also i forgot to mention that i released a patch for the winmx channel listing problem but i'm sure you all know that by now
quicksilver wrote:Nice to see you again Jimmys :D

:D 8)
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

http://www.kingmacro.net/?thread=37&section=kmbb

the forum upgrade is fairly minor compared to the other upgrades (or downgrades depending on your opinion... i am starting to think perhaps linx is a downgrade because i cant get the thing working! lol)

it was just a problem with the configuration on the temparary web server (my workstation) - should be sorted now :-)

p2p-sharing-rules

Thanx for the patch KM i haven't tried it yet..i'll be trying later tonite..hopefully i'll get the whole chatroom list now.