Oukas Chat Server

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

TheHawks
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Lunatic wrote:When I ban a user, where is the list of bans stored? It seems that the ban is only in effect for as long as the server is running, surely not! When hosting with WinMx it gets stored in the config file.
Lunatic When you ban a user and want to save it just add it to your ChatStartUp #admincmd /banip xxx.xxx.xxx.xx so now when you startup your room it adds the bans

And about Ouka adding more stuff like + next to nick i Guess? that can be Done or having more than Two user level that would be great...
ImageImage
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

TheHawks wrote:and about not connecting the Only One that i had problems connecting with was RoboMX, DraconisMX, Afterthought .Rabbit and Nushi had no problems connecting Not sure why they dont get In the rooms. I get This When I try to connect <Admin> Illegal Client Blocked:
Turn off the cracker block #admincmd crackerblockoff

And yeah there is a problem I'm told with the newest release, although running it as a host I found none of these problems at all and have been able to join using my LAN and loopback addresses with the majority of winmx compatible clients, mainly all the above mentioned.

Can find both versions new and an older release that Im currently using by following link
Last edited by JASON on Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Insert Abuse Here. . . >
Lunatic_UK1958
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

One other thing: Is it possible to log an ouka hosted room from within ouka and without having to use a 'bot'?
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Lunatic_UK1958 wrote:One other thing: Is it possible to log an ouka hosted room from within ouka and without having to use a 'bot'?
/login CoHost Pass Code
#usercmd inputpasscode CoHost Pass Code

/login Admin Pass Code
#usercmd inputpasscode Admin Pass Code

You will see these appear in your channel

22:29:39 <Admin> Passcode Accepted: JASON³666_13953 [CoHost]
22:30:06 <Admin> Passcode Accepted: JASON³666_13953 [Admin]

Admin Pass Code & CoHost Pass Code are actually the default settings for logins so be sure to change these by clicking onto the settings tab and were it says Admin Code and CoHost Code enter your own personal passwords here for both levels

PS. OK!. I Read this post again, did you mean?
Lunatic_UK1958 wrote:One other thing: Is it possible to log an ouka hosted room
Login? or simply log chat. . . think I got it right by your post saying "logging into" if I read it wrong to log chat from winmx 3.5x type /log <filename> and your logs will save to x:program\ files\winmx.

Hope that helps you or atleast clears things up :)
Last edited by JASON on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lunatic_UK1958
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Not quite what I meant. I know I can log a chat in WinMx & also by using Metis, but can I do it within Ouka itself?
JASON
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

:arrow: :roll: /me slaps himself

No, sorry Ouka's chatserver doesn't have an internal loggin function. . :(
ELEphantman
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

i finally registered so i may join this forum :wink:

ATM im wondering about the buffer overflow i get from shareguard (but its only once in a while) i have edited my search with colors & newlines to make it look good, & my results i brought down to 4(wich is not alot)

plus i got this buddy of mine that cant get in my room for some reason & dont know why? i keep gettin name blocked but hes not banned or nothing lol

3. whats armblock for?
Protoman X
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

ELEphantman wrote:ATM im wondering about the buffer overflow i get from shareguard
With all the formatting shareguard is trying to send more characters in one post than WinMX will allow.
ELEphantman wrote:plus i got this buddy of mine that cant get in my room for some reason & dont know why? i keep gettin name blocked but hes not banned or nothing lol
check your RCMSConfig.txt to make sure there's nothing in the trader block list that this person has in their name. You can also disable trader block with #admincmd traderblockoff
ELEphantman wrote:3. whats armblock for?
to quote myself from this thread...
I wrote:MXArms is a very old and long defunct Japanese channel attacking program that could spam channel by joining and exiting a few hundred times. It also used Nushi's MXhook.dll to copy the channel list from WinMX so MXArms could be used to spam the entire list. It was made by the "chatroom destruction commitee" and the default name that was used for the spamming was an RTF crash code. It's pretty much useless now since it hasn't been updated to connect to 3.5x rooms.
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

Also a good source all in one page for Ouka is the tutorial we have on it at....

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1709

That topic has from basic information to the commands and what they do on it for anyone interested..

FYI.. I talked with Ouka bout my WPN list problem so for now I just have to manually reset my primaries each day but unticking the "Room is Visible" setting..
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
ELEphantman
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

i had trouble with listing to , so i just set ports in mcs server & opened tht now my ouka room is full of peeps ;)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Yet again Oukas server production line is rolling along merrily with this latest version (450c 2nd April)

This is his latest release , but its uncertain whether the robomx entry problem has been solved , no doubt we will hear more from the users :)
Attachments
ChatServer_450c_2005_04_02_1100.zip
(127.43 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
TheHawks
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

It Works every thing is all ok
ImageImage
ELEphantman
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

thnx QuickSilver That was quick glad to see ouka is workin hard for us cause this server ROCKZ!!!
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

TheHawks wrote:It Works every thing is all ok
Tha same problem with connection of RoboMX yester day in @Jason room and Jason goes in older version :wink:

Code: Select all

15:19:53] Info: Room is powered by Ouka Chat Server 4.50b.20050227-0730
:D :lol: :wink: 8)
TheHawks
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

I ForGot That I Was Using RoBoMx 2.00Pre
ImageImage