working up the nerve

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

ok, I know I need to just bite the bullet and install a bt client. But I am interested in knowing what each of you use? Which would work better for a 56k. I keep reading that the shadow is the favorite, what is everyone's thoughts on this. Which seems to be working better with this sites tracker?
Do you have Frog Legs?
jctoad
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Anyone of them should work just as well on dialup as another as far as I can tell. Shadow's does seem to be the ez-ist and works pretty well. I am still using it even though I know I should change. You just have to remember that BT has larger files. Stuff that is 100 meg + on it. No matter what client you are using, it is still going to take time to get it when u r on dial up. I would suggest looking at suprnova.com to see if the kind of files that you are looking for are even available on BT. Smaller files can be made into torrents, but it is usually only by request.
Don't count your toads until they're running around with their heads cut off.
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Thanks JcToad,
well I bit the bullit and installed ABC. I figured I'd need it to get that file they were talking about in games.....Recon ___? or something like that, it sounds like a pretty cool game, thought I'd give it a try, if anyone else was.
I got it and don't know what to do with it, lol :shock:
Do you have Frog Legs?
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

you now have ghost recon?
"Instant Asshole: Just Add Alcohol"
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABC client is good, when I have some spare time I'll write a tutorial on that too :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

good old battye :D
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Boozy, I don't have Ghost Recon yet. I thought I'd have to have this bt program before I could get it. I remember someone was suppose to seed it something. :)
So now I am ready to get it whenever it becomes available.
Do you have Frog Legs?
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

i started yesterday and finished it yesterday
LavaGale
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hey Boozy, I got it now, I just don't know what to do with it. lol
I just keep gettin killed. :(
Do you have Frog Legs?
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

you will learn in time, you need 2 learn stealth... otherwise you stand no chance against us
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Staying low and undercover is the only way to survive, also being able to move your team effectively helps as well. I don't know how the MP works on that game but these tips will help none the less.
Boozybaz
Alcoholic
Alcoholic

perhaps if you ask the person nicely... find some1 closest to you timezone and ask them 2 link up in a MP and give you a quick tour of how things work

that way u are ready for the BIG day
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

ok i am not sure now if yall are talkin bout BT anymore or not...lol but i want to know about it and wether or not it is worth getting, i mean is it really needed if i have winmx? Is there alot of music on it cause that's mostly what i d/l? well there you go then... :lol:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/
Grinch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Music I would stick with winmx. BT is good for broadband users looking for big files like movies and games.
me here
Healing Hands
Healing Hands

kewl, ty Grinch, i think i will stick with winmx for now, but i am looking into it more so if ne 1 has any thoughts on it i would love to know :wink:
A World Dominated by WinMX
http://www.winmxworld.com/