NACS Preview

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

The Nushi Advanced Chat Server, has been put on show for the first time but there is no firm release date yet :?

Heres a screenshot from the 2SN site for you all to look at , seems rather basic right now but I,m sure its well advanced
Wpn listed ,"stand alone " chat server

Features

-Open Source Project
-Chat Management System
-Plugin System
-Flexible Interface
I,ll be keeping my eyes open for this as Nushi has not released a great deal recently.
Attachments
nacsscreen.gif
nacsscreen.gif (21.64 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

He's had the chat server made and working for a while, because he's been hosting from it for a few weeks...

I wonder if his sudden decision to carry on making things, and also deciding to release his first open source program may have anything to do with me recently releasing all my source codes for programs better than his... :-) wouldn't be the first time i've done something that made him respond with something pretty big after a long period of inactivity... :-D

I hope its better than MCS... then it wont matter so much if it takes me a while to get WCS ready :-)

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

You know me Km ,I dont care who makes it , just so long as it works and helps keep people on WinMx happy :)

Heres the latest pic of something..lol
Nushi said
I have written primary connection module to broadcast notification of chat room information.
I am writing chat server module now.
I think its his code for the chat protocol and as you say Km making stuff open source is good for us all , as newbies can learn and bugs can be fixed by the talented few.
Attachments
nacsdev.gif
nacsdev.gif (20.4 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

its a screen shot of some random bit of code, i think he's trying to show the class name of CWPNPrimary to show it has a primary connection for listing... but i think anyone would have made that assumption anyway...

Only thing it really shows is he has a lot of classes, so it doesn't look like its going to be very efficient... more than likely still use less resources than winmx does though, winmx is a real resource hog...

I also noted from his locking and unlocking that he's obviously using multiple threads for at least the listings part, and my guess is he'll do that for the chat clients as well (although without seeing the source... anything could be going on) - if he does use a thread per client, i hope he does it in a more stable way than i managed it, 99% of the crashes in MCS where caused by threads :-(

cant really tell much more than that from what he's shown/said... we'll have to wait for release..

(and btw, this is one of his programs i actually will be waiting for... lol)

WinMX World.com - The new help website dedicated completely to WinMX. If you cant find help there, you cant find it anywhere!
Bender979
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Only thing it really shows is he has a lot of classes, so it doesn't look like its going to be very efficient... more than likely still use less resources than winmx does though, winmx is a real resource hog...
I wonder what gives you the idea that more classes use mire resource. You have a very weird idea on effective programing, I think you should update your knowledge OO programing and compilers.

What you present is dangerous half (if even that) knowledge ;)

Cheers!
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

OO with lots of classes results in the program having to keep jumping around everywhere... a JMP (or variation of) is the least efficient thing a program can do (although all will have to do it... more of them is less efficient)

that plus look at the average OO program, its much much bigger than a non-OO program... you think a computer can do 10 times the ammount and not take 10 times as long? :-)

only real advamntage to OO is that generally speaking you dont have to have a clue what you are doing, i've seen a few programs where someone just goes and downloads class after class from the internet and doesn't actually have a clue how most of it works (like a huge 2000 line HTTP class rather than 10 lines to simply connect, sending a HTTP request, and reading the response)

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

In the good old days,, :^o Hey who stole my hexadecimal calculator !! :lol:
In general I agree that OO programming can get larger and larger but the point is its usually more portable between platforms, and therefore you can adapt it more easily
but all programming takes skill , and so off with my hat to the both of you, :santa: , well not just yet its xmas.. :lol:
Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

Nushi@2SN is posted to day in the 2sen forum this! :wink: :lol: 8)
[Nushi]@[2SN] http://2sen.dip.jp/2sene/ wrote:Under Construction...
Attachments
NACS - Nushi Advanced Chat Server
NACS - Nushi Advanced Chat Server
nacsss.gif (39.67 KiB) Viewed 6708 times
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

its starting to look good now... and the bandwidth usage thing is a good idea, dont know why i didn't think of it - especially considerinng winmx already has one, oh well... i'll have to play catch-up with a program thats not even finished yet :-S

Red XIII
Sultan Ruler Of The Poles!

Well seems like I'll have some to get when it's released 8)
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Looks good to me :)
Red XIII

Well of course, you found it originally! :P
Die Verstorbenen werden wieder in einem Fluss des Bluts steigen
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Heres a similar picture I managed to scrounge up , probably from the last batch of pics :) also while I was out and about in the chats I heard that you can get a alpha copy of Nacs from the 2sn site

http://2sen.dip.jp/~nushi/nacs.zip

I would suggest not trying to use it though its not nearly finished yet :?
Attachments
nacs.JPG
nacs.JPG (96.22 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
Last edited by quicksilver on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
KM
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

one thing i noticed... its half english and half japanese... :?

Jimmys444
A Forum Addict
A Forum Addict

1) 50% English and 50% Japan!
2) Is not finised
3) I have some problems with the style check the foto and you understand what im saying :wink: 8)
Attachments
Some Problem'S With "NACS" Styles
Some Problem'S With "NACS" Styles
Nacs_style.png (37.71 KiB) Viewed 6647 times