Imesh

Discuss the world of file sharing, from philosophy to help with applications.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

This P2P contains spyware and pop up software , also a browser hijacker so be warned.
The information about all these nasties is contained here , look on the right side about how they make their money :evil:

http://www.imesh.com/guide.shtml

This system is normal serverless p2p , interweaved with advertisements and trail / time limited downloads

Still reading and want to mess up your machine ? Now is a good time to udate your anti spyware and antivirus and also to set a restore point.
get the program from here

http://www.download.com/3002-2166_4-103 ... ml?tag=dir
iMesh was the first to introduce its free file-sharing software in 1999 and has been leading the peer-to-peer revolution ever since.

iMesh's technology creates a peer-to-peer network with no central servers. This network is made up of all registered iMesh members. Every iMesh member can search for and download files from the computers of all other iMesh members. Users can search for any type of file - music, videos, games, software, documents - all within the legal and copyright limitations.

With iMesh technology, downloads are fast and reliable - well-known file sharing problems such as broken links, busy FTP sites and slow data transfer are now a thing of the past

I read a smashing quote from an online feedback site following the link from Imesh,s home page
You've got to be insane to even take chances with messing up your pewter with all the viruses & pop-ups this program has. I'd rather take my chances with shoplifting at a store than with imesh.
Also there was another poor soul who had his ip passed to a company that owned the copyright on something he was sharing, need I say more ?
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

quicksilver wrote:need I say more ?
Oh yes please. I enjoy reading it. :)
quicksilver
Helpful Hands
Helpful Hands

Well actually I enjoyed reading all the bad things myself :twisted:
this was the full story from that poor guy
Dont trust Imesh
I used the P2P and they gave some company My IP address and I got sued over some stupid file I forgot I had. Dont trust these people! They will sell you out! I think it is a set up to bust people from file sharing on the web. When I went to the Imesh chat site and ask them about it they banned me from chatting. So before you use it think about it!
And another satisfied customer ?
nO one download spymesh
Lmao, how much $^%* is this? Omg!! Its a complete waste of time! I reformatted, my comp was fine, i installed my games, then imesh, within 24 hours of having imesh, everything went slow. EVERYTGHIN, i rid of the spyware it gave me and uninstalled IMESH. And everythin was fine. I cant believe what $%^&£$%" make this crappy program! :@
More great reviews can be read at this link

http://www.download.com/3302-2166_4-102 ... ?pn=3&fb=0

Enjoy :wink:
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

I found an MP3 site this morning which has a section on p2p clients. It says the winmx home page is that of imesh. That would be pretty scary if it were true. Luckily, we know it's not.