UQM: Plans for Beta 4

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is what is planned for Beta 4, which might be the final beta release.
  • Bug fixes (like this, this and this) DONE - JAN 20, 21
  • Database installer / uninstaller (possibly with UMIL) DONE - JAN 31
  • Show percentage in the quiz results page DONE - JAN 21
  • More navigational links? DONE - JAN 28
  • ACP option for "survey" type data on the quiz results page DONE - JAN 27
  • Return to category on results page? DONE - JAN 21
  • ACP message regarding points compatibility DONE - JAN 25
  • Order quizzes option ala memberlist (alphabetical order, date, username, views) DONE - JAN 21, but can only order users by ID
  • Use <label> HTML for the radio boxes on the submit quiz page DONE - JAN 25
  • Category passwords asked for when opening quizzes in that category DONE - JAN 25
  • New stats module - order users by percentage of correct answers DONE - JAN 23, example at http://forums.cricketmx.com/quiz.php?mode=stats
If anyone has any suggestions for small features, I might be able to add them. It depends on how easily they fit in with the above plans :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

I know we've come up with various ideas and some are proposed for a later version of UQM so thinking of quick one that is hopefully easy to implement for beta 4. ;)

Re: The "new quiz" image (like new post). Is it possible to also have the "new quiz" image shown next to a category name to denote that it contains one or more new quizzes?
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

quahappy wrote:I know we've come up with various ideas and some are proposed for a later version of UQM so thinking of quick one that is hopefully easy to implement for beta 4. ;)

Re: The "new quiz" image (like new post). Is it possible to also have the "new quiz" image shown next to a category name to denote that it contains one or more new quizzes?
I will write the code that does this and give it to you quahappy, it will be exactly like the "new quizzes" are shown now except the icon will also be in front of the category :)

I won't include it in Beta 4 though because I am visualising it a certain way, more like the "new posts in this forum" is shown on the forum index :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

battye wrote:I will write the code that does this and give it to you quahappy, it will be exactly like the "new quizzes" are shown now except the icon will also be in front of the category :)
Okies and thanks. ;)
battye wrote:I won't include it in Beta 4 though because I am visualising it a certain way, more like the "new posts in this forum" is shown on the forum index :)
Excellent idea. phpBBArcade MOD does this too (show "new posts" image) to denote new games within a category. :D
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

:D

I added a new statistics module for Beta 4: http://forums.cricketmx.com/quiz.php?mode=stats (down the bottom, users with the highest percentage of correct answers) :)

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Great addition battye (Highest percentage of correct answers). :)
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks quahappy :)

Some good progress on UQM beta 4 today, I have done the category passwords feature. Feel free to test it, I have made a passworded category here at CMX (the password is logo) :) You will be asked for the category password when you open a quiz.

Below are some photos of the new passwords feature (it is quite a basic passwords feature, so I recommend not relying on it to hide very sensitive data :))

Beta 4 is really coming along, all that remains to be done includes: more navigational links, the survey results feature, the database installer/uninstaller.
Attachments
The view of actually entering the password.
The view of actually entering the password.
What it looks like on the main quiz index for categories that have passwords.
What it looks like on the main quiz index for categories that have passwords.
quiz_category_view_index.png (11.5 KiB) Viewed 11451 times
What it looks like when you add passwords when adding/editing a quiz category in the ACP.
What it looks like when you add passwords when adding/editing a quiz category in the ACP.

darkonia
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

nice feature, i cant wait for beta 4 xD
Lugsciath
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Great :)! I´m very impressed to see them grow so fast - good job ;) *thumb up*
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks darkonia and Lugsciath! :)

Almost finished now... I've added breadcrumb navigation links for:

- quiz.php [so a link to the quiz index]
- quiz.php (play quizzes) [a link to the quiz index, and the category of the quiz]
- quiz.php (category view) [a link to the quiz index, and the category]
- quiz_cp.php [a link to the quiz control panel index]

All that remains is the UMIL script for the database changes and module installation. :)