[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2 Progress

All web design discussion, including Ultimate Quiz MOD support.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

subvertbeats, because of your predictions change you will not want the statistics to be saved when a user submits a quiz you will ultimately need to comment out the statistics lines in quiz.php:

Line 726

Code: Select all

$statistical_sql[] = 'INSERT INTO ' . QUIZ_STATISTICS_TABLE . '
								     ' . $db->sql_build_array('INSERT', $statistical_array);
Line 740

$statistical_sql[] = 'INSERT INTO ' . QUIZ_STATISTICS_OVERVIEW_TABLE . '
								     ' . $db->sql_build_array('INSERT', $statistical_overview_setup);
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

battye wrote:quahappy, I am sure we went through this with a fine tooth comb a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly :?
We did. And can confirm it is all still working perfectly in all browsers for me. No matter what I try to reproduce subvertbeats issue, my statistics are still correct. :D

subvertbeats - hope your host is restored soon. What happens if you set "Can play quiz once" to NO and you repeat the browser back etc during quiz play and resubmit? Are statistics still incorrect?
If you don't ask...
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello,

I have to report a bug in the beta 3.

When fixed time limit per question is 0 I get the following error that appears at the top of the page
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /quiz.php on line 1015: Undefined variable: total_time_allowed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /quiz.php on line 1016: Undefined variable: total_time_allowed

By cons, if I put a time limit I have no worries!

How do I change it?

If a suggestion about creating quizzes:

Rather than putting Enter your question: calling each question by number, issue 1, issue 2, etc. ...
subvertbeats
Know-It-All
Know-It-All

Hi Stef

I had this issue also.
In quiz.php you need to comment out this line:

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_NOTICE);
hope that helps.
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Ok thank you for your help I did and it works
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stef67 wrote:Hello,

I have to report a bug in the beta 3.

When fixed time limit per question is 0 I get the following error that appears at the top of the page
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /quiz.php on line 1015: Undefined variable: total_time_allowed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /quiz.php on line 1016: Undefined variable: total_time_allowed

By cons, if I put a time limit I have no worries!

How do I change it?

If a suggestion about creating quizzes:

Rather than putting Enter your question: calling each question by number, issue 1, issue 2, etc. ...
As subvertbeats said, removing that error_reporting code will remove the notice.

However, could you please try this for me. Add the error_reporting code back in, and then in quiz.php FIND:

'TIME_LIMITS_ENABLED'			=> ($total_time_allowed) ? true : false,
			'TIME_ALLOWED'					=> $total_time_allowed,
REPLACE WITH

'TIME_LIMITS_ENABLED'			=> (isset($total_time_allowed)) ? true : false,
			'TIME_ALLOWED'					=> (isset($total_time_allowed)) ? $total_time_allowed : 0,
Does that fix it?
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

battye wrote:Does that fix it?
Fix worked. :D

Can't believe I missed this one. Probably because I've always had timer on to reduce possible "cheating". ;)
If you don't ask...
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Super Battye code you gave works perfectly

When editing a question that I bbcodes the integration are not kept, how to change that?
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Stef67 wrote:Super Battye code you gave works perfectly

When editing a question that I bbcodes the integration are not kept, how to change that?
battye is working on this and will post a temp fix or it'll be included within beta 4. :)
If you don't ask...
zagor256
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Maybe an option tha user can play his own quizes (also several times) but his play isn't recorded. That I think would be useful couse I had to play with my other nicks :D
zagor256
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

duplicate (sorry) i think I pressed submit twice
please delete
Last edited by zagor256 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Thank you again quahappy
moongirl

xpmen wrote:hello Battye and thank you for the solution given above :wink:

I have another question, the icon that appears next to the little quiz and comment (played)
must always be visible or only for the quiz which was not seen by the member?

because I see the icon same quizzes on that I was not playing
but does not appear that I create unless I play

ps: hope to have succeeded in making me understand because the google translator is not always perfect

Congratulations on your new rank of: Image xpmen :)
http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... 065#p99065
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
Stef67
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello,

Just to note, if you have not already!

When I want to edit some quiz I can not change the title, issues no longer exists, by cons we can still play them.

:wink:
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stef67 wrote:When I want to edit some quiz I can not change the title, issues no longer exists, by cons we can still play them.
I'm sorry, I did not understand this. Could you please rephrase it?