CMX list on Twitter

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I added a new page on Twitter that lists the CMX users on Twitter. The page is at http://twitter.com/battye/cmx and will list the tweets by CMX members.
At the moment it has me, tune and garmy - as far as I know we are the only regulars with Twitter. I am happy to add any other CMX user with a Twitter account as well, if you have an account please let me know :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

great idea Battye... a wonderful way to keep things updated and fresh!
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Garmy... I think you can almost say... that CMX has re-defined Twitter with this latest bold move. Almost :wink:

At the beginning of last year I made this tweet: http://twitter.com/battye/status/1089765129 ... I forgot to do it this year on January 1, and because it exceeds the 140 characters I will just post it here:
Pretend this is on Twitter wrote:Top played 2009 songs: Don't Stop Believin', My Bloody Valentine, Hey Boys and Girls (Truth of the World, Pt. 2), It's My Life/Confessions, Alpha Dog, Ready For Love, Like It Like That, 21 Guns, New Perspective, My Life Would Suck Without You
Two of those songs are from Glee. Way back in 2009 I was a huge fan of that show for the first couple of weeks, but then I missed a few episodes and never caught up :oops: I have turned my attention to another TV series, I was able to get seasons 2 and 3 of American Dreams. If only I could get season 1, I could start watching it. The search continues :wink:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

CricketMX has been mentioned on Twitter a few times in the last few days:

http://twitter.com/TerenceWan/statuses/8812596912
http://twitter.com/thebankchannel/statuses/8955839612

Any more mentions and #cricketmx will become a trending topic :lol:

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

The one is from Hong Kong :D

Here is an idea, maybe the "The Articles Topic" should post via #Twitter on the #CMXlist. Or the phpBB and or the web design thread the codes sometimes posted could be a #twitpic (I think.) Or another Idea would to have just the thread topic and a #tinyURL link to the #CMX fourm.

Again this is just of the top of my head ideas to generate followers to both. Is there a #Facebook #Fanpage ??
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hope you are having a good time in Hong Kong :D

Yeah, that is a good idea. I've registered @cricketmx (http://twitter.com/cricketmx) while I think about the best way to implement it. As you said maybe have it automatically post the links to new articles with a hashtag like #cmx or #cricketmx

As far as I know there is know fan page on Facebook. I don't use Facebook, so if there is it wasn't created by me :P

tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

here you go Battye I know you can do this type of code but thought this may be helpful and save some time :)

oh what if you added a twitter widget to the forum to have it live here http://twitter.com/goodies/widgets

I also like the idea of having a twitter link (like the PM,YIM,e-mail,etc.) that's under your pic. and user name here on the forum.

lol you can say "STFU TuNe we don't need any of that crap" @ anytime........
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Tune, I will use the guide from that article you linked to have new articles posted... I need to find out how to automatically have url's shortened through bit.ly or something.

We won't know if it's working for a while since I don't have any articles to submit right now. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this on the forum, but anyone is able to submit an article, so if anyone wants an article on the site PM it to me and I will upload it ;)

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

One I use to shorten URL's is: http://tinyurl.com/

You mention you need one to automatically shorten URL's. There is one for WordPress called: ShortURL plugin. Afraid I don't know any for other applications. :(
If you don't ask...
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

yes I think that's it quahappy, your looking for Short URL Auto-Discovery.
Rat
Drain Brain
Drain Brain

Oddly enough, just today I installed a greasemonkey script that un-shortens all those short URLs in twitter. I like to know where I'm going.
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Yeah I know Rat in 140 characters or less it's a double edged sword to shorten the URls
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker