Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

moongirl

It's beginning to look a lot like a CMX-Christmas Image

Thanks Battye, the forum looks fantastic!!
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks to prototech really :)
He was the one who made the images and told me which edits to make :)

If anyone is reading this post and wondering what on earth is going on, refresh the page and look at the top of the page :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Woohoo! Way to Go. Looks great! :D
If you don't ask...
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

very pretty on a web page.. not so great in real life tho

SNOWFALL WARNING: Greater Vancouver Issued at 4:11 AM PST TUESDAY 23 DECEMBER 2008
10 TO 20 CM OF SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

I heard on the news report (it even made the news here!) that Canada was experiencing a lot of snow... the first nationwide white Christmas in 35 years?

I've never seen snow - there was a touch of snow about 300 miles south of here around 10 years ago, but that was a freak occurrence - so I tend to think of 10 to 20 cm as being great to see. I bet if I was in it though it wouldn't be much fun after the first few minutes. :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

It's been unusually mild here in the UK. No heating on! Normally, when East coast of America get bad weather (not sure about Canada) we get the tail end of it. No snow predicted here before year is out.

Hope weather isn't too severe for you garmabeaneth.
If you don't ask...
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

That picture was just the start of the snow... we still got more. Made it halfway up the umbrella.
Attachments
000_0015.jpg

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Is the worse over now garmabeaneth?

Temperature in UK has been dipping day by day but January / February do tend to be the coldest months. I view metcheck quite often and several times we supposed to had snow and haven't.
If you don't ask...
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

We woke up yesterday morning to a very thin layer of snow but now it's all melted. Kids are dissappointed heh heh. But, we are heading for some more though. I always said January / February are the worse winter months of the year here in UK. Convinced Winter is arriving later and later...
If you don't ask...
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

Oh we've had much much more snow since that picture was posted. Now, we have the rain to deal with. And of course flooding! OH, and don't forget the ice!
Australia needs to take winter back! lol

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The snow on CMX has finally subsided, we now know that Christmas is behind us :( (for another 12 months anyway)

But today is a very special day, the 5th forum anniversary! Keep your eyes open for an announcement in the Updates forum later today, but in the meantime please enjoy the special logo with the balloons that prototech has created for us :)

moongirl

Perfect!!
Thank you Battye and Prototech...always making CMX a great place to be :)
moongirl

It's beginning to feel a lot like CMX Christmas 2009 :wink:

Thanks Battye
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep the snow is back! :D
But the thanks go to prototech, he made the fantastic Christmas styled logos and background images :)

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

quahappy wrote:It's been unusually mild here in the UK. No heating on! Normally, when East coast of America get bad weather (not sure about Canada) we get the tail end of it. No snow predicted here before year is out.
The above was posted Dec 2008. Complete opposite this time round. December temperatures had barely gone above freezing! Yesterday we had 10 inches of snow. UK's worst weather for years. And as per usual, everything comes to a standstill. Russia copes, so why can't we?!
If you don't ask...