Quick Reply and Search link back by popular demand

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

The topic title says it all :)

In addition to upgrading the board to the latest version, I have gone ahead and added quick reply (click the Quick Reply link next to the Post Reply button and the box will appear) and the search link (top right).

I was going to add a new theme (a dark or black theme) to the forum, but due to the recent release of phpBB 3.0.3 I'm going to hold off on that in case the style authors are going to update their styles.

Enjoy, and please let me know if there are any problems. I might alter the quick reply slightly in the future, I think it is a bit too big at the moment, I preferred it when it was small and on the left hand side like it was last year :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Oops. I've posted my reply here :)
If you don't ask...
moongirl

battye wrote:The topic title says it all :)
Enjoy, and please let me know if there are any problems. I might alter the quick reply slightly in the future, I think it is a bit too big at the moment, I preferred it when it was small and on the left hand side like it was last year :)
I must admit I too preferred the previous version, having said that, having one there is better than none :wink:
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

I am liking the quick reply and tab location ..........smooth.............. :cool:
nesman
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Thanks for bringing Search back.

Related: I like the "Search this Topic" feature. It's handy in long threads.
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

battye - Is the Quick Reply option something you've done, or is it a MOD? I'm looking to implement this at my site as had it in Aphrodite style in phpBB2. ;)
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I recall correctly it was the quick reply made by evil<3 - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=595969
:)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Cheers battye. :D

Seems that Quick Reply is going to be implemented in phpBB 3.0.6 and can be switched on / off via ACP.
If you don't ask...