CMX have advance search facility?

Any problems, suggestions, or comments about our site are to be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Maybe I'm going round the twist but is there advance search facility anywhere in CMX? There's normal search but I can't find any options to filter them by post / topic, etc, etc!

I use search option a lot especially to check there isn't already a certain topic in existence before I create a new one. ;)
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://forums.cricketmx.com/search.php :mrgreen:

When making this theme for the forum there wasn't a good place to put the link. I guess it could have gone next to FAQ and Members though :cry:
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Heh heh. I did the same at my site. The search box was originally to the right of the main logo and looked well out of place so I removed it and added the Search option in the options bar (FAQ, memberlist, etc, etc). ;)

Should had guessed to enter search.php at end of CMX url lol.
If you don't ask...
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

quahappy wrote:Heh heh. I did the same at my site. The search box was originally to the right of the main logo and looked well out of place so I removed it and added the Search option in the options bar (FAQ, memberlist, etc, etc). ;)

Should had guessed to enter search.php at end of CMX url lol.

Later this week I'm making a few cosmetic changes to the site, so I might make that alteration one of them. :)
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Great. :D

I also like the ability to change font size in CMX. Only noticed that when I was looking for Search option LOL.
If you don't ask...
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Why not under the jump to box?
battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

tunebud wrote:Why not under the jump to box?
If you want to search within a topic, it is at the top of the page just to the right of the Post Reply button :)

In answer to quahappy's original question, I have made a few changes to the site, adding a Search link being one of them
Announcement at http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.p ... 441#p93441

quahappy
Happy, not Quappy
Happy, not Quappy

Quick Reply option used here! Like the ability to increase size of Quick Reply box too!

Great work battye! Handy for fast posters who already know BBcode, etc. Have this at my site and find it invaluable. As for size of Reply buttons (or did you mean the message body?)... I personally think they are fine. ;)

Nice to see Search option where it is too. Easy to find.

:D
If you don't ask...