Merry Christmas, and a Happy 2008

All updates to the site will be posted here.

Moderator: CricketMX Forum Moderators

battye
Site Admin
Site Admin

As we approach the end of 2007, we can all be proud of the achievements the forum has made this year - in the last month or so in particular. Through a massive community effort and great endeavor by all of our regular members, we smashed our target of 80,000 posts several weeks ago. Everyone came together again for our new target of 10,000 posts for the year, a goal we just reached only moments ago.

In the end of year posts in the past, I’ve had a tendency to talk about how we overcame various hardships. I mean, surely everyone would need to a third hand to count on their fingers the number of times I’ve talked about the flags modification incident or the time when my cheque didn’t arrive at the webhosting company...

For a change, I thought I would explain the creation of this forum, which occurred on January 11, 2004. I was, like many of the old hands around CricketMX, part of the WinMX Community Clan (WCC) which grew from WinMXCommunity.com forum. I joined that forum in its middle ages, which was around October 2003. I am almost certain that it was October 8th, but can never be quite sure.

I was so impressed with the WinMXCommunity.com forum that I wanted to create my own forum Nowadays, you hear the constant catchphrase “you can’t create a forum without a purpose”. Just as Jerry Seinfeld created a show about nothing, I managed to do just that. Technically, the purpose was to support a small text script which you could plug data into, but it very quickly became apparent that our “purpose” was to provide a fantastic community based around a very relaxed and friendly OT Forum. Still to this day, the OT Forum is our water cooler, where we all “hang out and relax”.

We are very lucky to have a lot of the old crew from the WCC still around here, although it is a shame that we haven’t seen the likes of Freezmizer, Boozy or jctoad for quite some time, as they are several examples of people who really played a vital part in the early success of the website.

A massive applause must go to all of our current regular members - moongirl, nesman, Layzie Bone, Grinch, Beezer, hockeyjock686, Red XIII, tunebud, p2p-sharing-rules, garmabeaneth, pokesthelippyfish, LavaGale, StorbinC, Leon, vinhkhoi, Rat, krb107, the docs mum, kikkotm, prototech, dogmeat... I sure as hell hope I didn’t miss anyone - who have consistently contributed to the forum over such a long period of time. Even members who have joined recently over the last few months - kikkotm and prototech - have had a positive impact on the forum.

This forum started out on free webhosting. Now, when you get free webhosting you get what you pay for. I was lucky enough to have a very good free webhost though, in a person named Jon Stacey or jmstacey2000 on forums. Unfortunately, he never registered here, but he was a very nice person who always took the time to help me via email during the early stages of the forum. Unfortunately, he always had a lot of downtime, which caused me to move on to paid webhosting (and purchase the domain CricketMX.com), but if it wasn’t for his help in the beginning, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

This post wouldn’t be complete without a bit more information about what to expect in the future. The new site has a very nice homepage which will include various category links (P2P File Sharing, Computers, Web Design, etc...). The links will have some very good content on there which I think all forum members will enjoy reading. We will also have a brand new “articles” section, which will include comments on the aforementioned topics. Again, I think the new articles section will appeal to all members as we will cover some very interesting topics. It will also be an ongoing effort

In a few days time, it’s Christmas, so I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas as well as the best wishes if you have plans for the New Year. The forums 4th anniversary comes up on January 11, 2008, so hopefully we can all get on the forum at some point throughout the day, or even better at the same time, and join in the celebrations.
CricketMX.com in 2022: Still the home of bat's, rat's and other farmyard animals!

"OK, life [as you chose to define it] repeats until there are no more lessons to be learned." - nrnoble (June 12, 2005)
"the new forum looks awesome, it's getting bigger & better" - p2p-sharing-rules (11 Jan, 2008)
"Looks like CMX is not only getting bigger...but, also getting better!!" - moongirl (14 Dec, 2007)
garmabeaneth
Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen

Merry Christmas to all of us! Thank you to all of you for bringing a smile to my face when I was down! Thank you for keeping my creative juices flowing with the likes of hangman and other games.
Sometimes when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes when you are worried... no one sees your pain.
Sometimes when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But fart just one damn time ...
(¯`·._.·[GUEST 601]·._.·´¯)

smile you're on candid camera Image
moongirl

Thanks Battye and Garmy for your good wishes.
This past month has been one of the most memorable at CMX.
Post count achievements have been made and I've seen a great deal of humour as records were broken.
All this in the company of the best people. It is such a pleasure to be a member of this Cricket Team.
Thanks to everyone, and best wishes to you and your families over the Festive Season.
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)
p2p-sharing-rules

Thanks Battye , Garmy & Moon.

I would like to wish everyone & their families a Merry Christmas!! :santa:

Best wishes to you all! :rendeer:
tunebud
Miracle Worker
Miracle Worker

Batty I think you have said it best not much else I could add. (well I could but the festivities of the holidays has blanked my mind :lol: ) I look to a great future with all my friends here.

happy holidays
Layzie Bone
Mr. Computergeek Salad Guy

I've kinda grew up throughout the whole WinMX Community forum and so on, I didn't have the internet or a computer until 2002, didn't join WinMX Commuinity until 2003 and all the mischief I caused since then, in my younger years has been a learning experience. I've pissed a lot of people off, and really looking back were really stupid, I'll put it this way, if it was really important, I would remember, and I probably wouldn't be allowed to post here :lol: But it is great that we all have this small corner in the net where we dont have to deal with spam or a bunch of assholes coming by and ruining the place. We have a good thing going on here, the sky is the limit.
pokesthelippyfish
Fsh
Fsh

Merry Christmas, Happy upcoming 2008. May it bring you health and happiness and maybe a lottery win or two ;)
I want to thank you each and everyone for making me feel welcome this past year. It's been a growing experience for me, I've learned all kinds of new things... (cricket anyone?), and had a wonderful time doing it. Thank you garmy for inviting me :) I hope to continue to participate explore strange new worlds... to seek out new life and new civilizations.... to BOLDLY go where only mxers have gone before!!
If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Layzie Bone

New Years is less than 48 hours away. I wish everyone a reasonably safe New Years Eve, if you drink, it's your best interest not to drive or operate machinery, and by that, i mean a saw, so you dont lose your hand, arm, fingers or other parts not mentioned. If you lose your hands, how can you type? unless you use voice command, and that gets annoying.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good time...and dont forget to post in the New Years Eve thread!
moongirl

Wishing everyone the very best for 2008 Image
That's not the man in the moon...that's me ;)